BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

First e60 now e90....BMW Firmly Plowing Ahead

8K views 102 replies 32 participants last post by  Chris90 
#1 ·
So many people hating on the new designs of the E60 and E90. Very very very happy to see they went with a pretty much identical feel for the E90.

BMW is firmly moving ahead with this awesome drastic new styling, and I'm loving it.

Sorry to see so many dislike the E90 as well. Just remember people, that old 3 series of yours was lambasted as looking like an Accord in the mid 90s by the BMW faithful! New generation, time to move on. :)

#102 · (Edited)
anon said:
alright,

i call bullshi... (or whatever that card game is called.)

dawooka is a troll.

he infers that he has a a 545, a Merc, a wife, and somewhere in there rattled off a who's who of cheeseball luxo barges. all this leads one to believe that while he's certainly got some dough, he also has to be old enough to have owned/leased these cars. based on what he's said, i'd like to pin him at 40+.

but he writes like a juvenile.

the guy can barely SPELL "BMW".

i say he's a troll and i'm done listening to his garbage.
Cheeseball luxo barges? I quite enjoy that generalization.

Do you truly consider a Mercedes E500 to be worth of such a deragatory descriptive?

As for my lack of spelling, not sure where I've made such egregious grammatical errors to call that into question?

I've racked my brain determining how to best respond to the rest of your personal attacks. However, I've realized it just isn't possible without making us both feel extremely uncomfortable.........so I'll just avoid those. I hope I truly don't offend you so badly.

However, I will admit I enjoy watching the reactions of those with such strong loyalties to material brand names. I am indeed guilty of purposely "stirring the pot" so to speak, but it was in hopes of better understanding from whence many of your extreme loyalties to the older branding/designs arose.

Truly, why do you feel Mercedes-Benz is a poorly maintained brand? Or a high end Lexus for that matter? I've enjoyed both of them quite a bit........I still swap my 545 with my wife's Mercedes sometimes to get it washed while she's at work. I think they're impeccably made, and quite a pleasure to drive. My old GS400 is now in the not so loving hands of my father in law, but he seems to enjoy it quite a bit.

I would think self-declared enthusiasts who aren't concerned with looks such as yourself to enjoy driving all of the high powered cars out there. However, apparently you've labeled certain brands unworthy of your presence.

I'd just like to understand why, I've always purchased/driven a car for a combination of fun/featureset. I'm not a racer, I don't find going around in circles quite appealing. If you do race, then I would understand to a point.

Again though, this argument is typically about the exterior "appearance" of the new model BMWs, so it's a bit hypocrticial not to concern oneself with internal featureset, but be so impacted by external appearance.

That's the general paradox of this entire argument/discussion. The "classic" enthusiasts seem to cry foul at the internal featureset, saying such things are not important to a driving experience. However, they also cry foul at the simple aesthetics of the exterior.......which one would assume is also not important to the driving experience.

Hypocrisy many times can't be fully appreciated from the hypocrite.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.