BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Have I missed something? (parking sensors)

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mpress 
#1 · (Edited)
Is it really true that I need to activate the parking sensors MANUALLY every time I'm parking or driving it to my garage?
When I'm in reverse the function automatically activates but what about when driving forward and then parking?

In all my other cars the front sensors are activated when driving at a certain slow speed.

Anyone?

#3 ·
What a shame, I think that this is just too stupid.
Mercedes among others have managed this task to perfection but BMW just have to make it complicated.

It's not that I can't park without but when driving in to my garage it's just nice to have it activated and event though it's just a push of a button it's killing me :mad:

#7 ·
I really don't know how the front parking sensors work on a Volvo but if any of you have ever owned a Porsche or a Mercedes you will know how great their systems work.
They are activated all the time but are made in a way where the sound only activates when you are getting within a certain distance of an object.
Funny enough this distance is just slightly closer than your normal distance to the car in front of you at a junction or similar.

Of cause I'll live with the way BMW have done it but it's just a pain to push the button every time now that I know it can be done better differently.

#8 ·
50% of all parking is initiated in reverse, if parking sensors engaged every time you went slow in drive...bumper to bumper traffic would be really frustrating....

I'll take needing to move my hand 2" to hit the very conveniently located parking button over needing to hit it thousands of times in traffic when i don't want it on.....

mp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.