BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
18K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  3star 
#1 ·

For a BMW enthusiast it doesn't get more special then the E30 M3. The E30 M3 is the first BMW I ever feel I love with, a friend had one in high school and I was the coolest car I had ever seen. It is on my bucket list to own one, and I cannot wait.

Built in the same era the Mercedes Benz 190E is equally special to MB enthusiasts and provided the motivation for BMW to build the original M3.

On this episode of Head 2 Head, Automobile Magazine's Jason Cammisa rekindles a classic European sports sedan battle, pitting the legendary BMW E30 M3 against it's Cosworth-powered rival, the Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3-16. Find out which homologation special is the most special of all!

Which would you take? The E30 M3 all the way or do you have a special spot for the 190E?

#6 ·
I would buy both. I want to build a m62powered 190e race car. 190es sell very cheap here in Texas I've seen dozens for under 1000.

They also have double wishboes and multilink rears. The problem for that car was power to weight because it tried to be all things to all people. The e30 was a more focused car. It was designed for performance and doesn't appologise for it.

I think the bean counters had too much say in the 190e and that's what killed it. This is why cars should only be built by engineers. And the engineers should be free to do whatever they want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.