BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

The new 3 series E90 Priceing and other info 320, 325, 330

4K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  Donnalee 
#1 ·
If you didnt know this is some info on the NEW BMW that when in to the production on March 1st at the new BMW Plant, and they make 650 cars per day
should see some on March 5th at local dealers

1. 320i 2liter 150 horse 0-100 in 9sec max speed 220km, fuel EU 7.4Liters/100km 30k Euro
320d 0-100 in 8.3 sec max 225km fuel EU 5.7liters/100km
2. 325 2.5liter 218 horse 38k Euro
3. 330 with 258 horse 0-100 in 6.3sec, fuel EU 8.7Liters/100KM 42k Euro

In the numbers: length is 4520 millimeters (+ 49 millimeters in comparison with the predecessor), the width of 1817 millimeters (+78 mm) and the height of 1421 millimeters (+6 mm). The wheel base is 2760 millimeters (+35 mm).

well hope that helps

#2 · (Edited)
NightOfDarkness said:
If you didnt know this is some info on the NEW BMW that when in to the production on March 1st at the new BMW Plant, and they make 650 cars per day
should see some on March 5th at local dealers

1. 320i 2liter 150 horse 0-100 in 9sec max speed 220km, fuel EU 7.4Liters/100km 30k Euro
320d 0-100 in 8.3 sec max 225km fuel EU 5.7liters/100km
2. 325 2.5liter 218 horse 38k Euro
3. 330 with 258 horse 0-100 in 6.3sec, fuel EU 8.7Liters/100KM 42k Euro

In the numbers: length is 4520 millimeters (+ 49 millimeters in comparison with the predecessor), the width of 1817 millimeters (+78 mm) and the height of 1421 millimeters (+6 mm). The wheel base is 2760 millimeters (+35 mm).

well hope that helps
Euro 42,000 for a 330 at the current FX rate translates into US $55K. Holy _hit!

Since BMW has said that there would be little price diffrence between the E46 and the E90, presumably they're not going to his us yanks with the full brunt of the precipitious decline of the dollar against the Euro.

Edit: Well, just spoke to my dealer and I was told that they'd heard the price increase over the E46 was only going to be 2-3%. Hope they are right.

I was also told that US pricing would be announced at the end of this month.

#3 ·
ebikinis said:
Euro 42,000 for a 330 at the current FX rate translates into US $55K. Holy _hit!

Since BMW has said that there would be little price diffrence between the E46 and the E90, presumably they're not going to his us yanks with the full brunt of the precipitious decline of the dollar against the Euro.
I don't believe that.

#4 ·
ebikinis said:

Edit: Well, just spoke to my dealer and I was told that they'd heard the price increase over the E46 was only going to be 2-3%. Hope they are right.

Current E46 330i cost about the same in Europe so that's nothing new. You are just spoiled by those low car prices in the US.

#7 ·
ebikinis said:

That's on par with the UK pricing...a 325i was 25k GBP...close to $48,000!

My dealer said yesterday that the new pricing should be out for the US in about 2 weeks and they expected an increase of no more than $2-3000. It makes sense to put it far enough away from the 130i, which they will be pricing around $25,000.

#8 ·
dean330i said:
:eek: are all 06s e90s330i made in rosslyn ,i i was hoping germany maybe, does anybody know if you can get one built in deutscheland,to buy here in illinois
I don't think Rosslyn-built cars are any worse than, um, "deutscheland"-built cars :). In fact Rosslyn got slightly better results in a quality audit not long ago, so it may actually be better to seek a car built in Rosslyn rather than Munich, if you had a choice.

My Munich-built car has been generally reliable - the car hasn't actually let me down - but has had a series of production-related faults that have rather taken the shine off BMW for me (my previous, Regensburg-built E36 was a paragon of reliability).

#9 ·
boifromtroy said:
That's on par with the UK pricing...a 325i was 25k GBP...close to $48,000!

My dealer said yesterday that the new pricing should be out for the US in about 2 weeks and they expected an increase of no more than $2-3000. It makes sense to put it far enough away from the 130i, which they will be pricing around $25,000.
Oh, boy, that's a bargain (even after you add taxes, etc.). The inclusive price in the UK is set to be at least £25k - and even at that price they will be queuing overnight to buy it.

#11 ·
EZ said:
Does not the Euro price include Value Added Tax? That could make all the difference.
It depends. In the UK, the price is an on-the-road price, and includes all taxes, the first year's road tax, registration, dealer delivery/prep and of course VAT. In Spain, for example, the Euro price includes Spanish IVA but not special car taxes - the same in the Netherlands. (Germany, I'm not sure whether the list price includes the first year's road tax as well as Mwst - John, Alex?).

The base UK 325i price of £25k, before all other taxes and fees, is around £20,500. That's still high compared to the US price, and it's a notch or two above most other European countries - but for reasons explainable only by economics professors :).

#12 ·
andy_thomas said:
I don't think Rosslyn-built cars are any worse than, um, "deutscheland"-built cars :). In fact Rosslyn got slightly better results in a quality audit not long ago, so it may actually be better to seek a car built in Rosslyn rather than Munich, if you had a choice.

My Munich-built car has been generally reliable - the car hasn't actually let me down - but has had a series of production-related faults that have rather taken the shine off BMW for me (my previous, Regensburg-built E36 was a paragon of reliability).
sorry no punt intended . i owned a 2002 jetta 1.8 built in mexico. everytime i hit a bump the radio and electric system would go haywire. they put in a new radio and it was ok for a little while ,but it started acting up again. this was my first "german" car .where as the passat made in europe had less problems. according to consumer report

#15 ·
MARCUS545 said:
I don't think ED cars have to be made in Germany. The x3 is made in Austria (right?) and that's available for Munich delivery. Where is Rosslyn...S Africa?
Yes. I believe most SA-built BMWs end up being shipped worldwide in combination with Munich-built cars. The exception would be cars destined for the southern hemisphere - I remember reading somewhere that cars for Oz, NZ and sometimes SE Asia are shipped directly.

#16 · (Edited)
MARCUS545 said:
I don't think ED cars have to be made in Germany. The x3 is made in Austria (right?) and that's available for Munich delivery. Where is Rosslyn...S Africa?
I *believe* that the 3-Series has typically been built in multiple locations around the world to meet regional demand. If you do ED on an E90 it would be built there (somewhere in Europe at least). It just doesn't make sense to ship a car from SA to Europe to the US. I'm sure the build quality in SA is BMW standard so you shouldn't worry about where it comes from.

There are a couple cars only built outside Germany that are not available for European Delivery for us Yanks. Specifically I'm thinking about the ones built in South Carolina which I believe currently includes the x5 and z4.

#17 ·
dean330i said:
:eek: are all 06s e90s330i made in rosslyn ,i i was hoping germany maybe, does anybody know if you can get one built in deutscheland,to buy here in illinois
As far as I know, they only build 325i's in South Africa.

The rest of the 3ers are built in Munich, Regensburg, or maybe you will get a new e90 from the new plant in Leipzig.

#20 · (Edited)
We build all E46 and all E90 models in Rosslyn

E46 316i, 318i , 320i, 325i, 330i, 320d, 330d
E90 320i, 323i, 325i, 330i ( 318i comming soon ) 320d, 330d

The USA only get 325i from us, but the UK and Australia get all models

Rosslyn has won the Internal BMW quality award for more than 5 years in a row, our cars have 80% less problems than those from the Munich factory

The E90 is built in Munich, Regensburg, Leipzig and Rosslyn

#21 ·
Donnalee said:
We build all E46 and all E90 models in Rosslyn

E46 316i, 318i , 320i, 325i, 330i, 320d, 330d
E90 320i, 323i, 325i, 330i ( 318i comming soon ) 320d, 330d

The USA only get 325i from us, but the UK and Australia get all models

Rosslyn has won the Internal BMW quality award for more than 5 years in a row, our cars have 80% less problems than those from the Munich factory

The E90 is built in Munich, Regensburg, Leipzig and Rosslyn
I wonder why we don't get Rosslyn 330i's in the US?

And do you guys build 325xi, 330xi or Tourings in Rosslyn as well?

#22 · (Edited)
pmoney said:
I wonder why we don't get Rosslyn 330i's in the US?

And do you guys build 325xi, 330xi or Tourings in Rosslyn as well?
No they dont built touring or xi

I think demand for the 325i is so high that we have to build to help germany keep up in the USA, they can build enough 330i

Remember its MUCH further to ship th cars ffrom here than from Germany to the USA, so they would want to build as many USA cars in Germany as possible

Most of the cars built here are RHD for local, UK, Autralian markets, also some for Japan and middle east

Production is just over 50,000 cars per year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.