BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

F30 M3 and Lag?

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  PhilipWOT 
#1 ·
I'm just curious what everyone else here thinks in the next gen 3 series. Do you think that like the E46-E9x transition we'll have the current E9x M3's around a year or so beyond the introduction of the F30 3-Series?

I am wondering this because it occurs to me that BMW do have an history of that with the transition mentioned above, but also because The current E9x M3 is only two model years old (about to turn 3) and it seems a lot of engineering work to go to for only a four model year run. Finally, rumblings and rumours I hear surrounding the F30 hint that BMW haven't even started work on the F30 M3, and since we've still got a lot of engineering and testing to be done for an whole new car in a relatively short period of time... well, it just piques my curiosity.

#2 ·
This is only a well-educated guess, but from what I know of BMW AG, I would bet that there are pre-production F30 M3s already lapping the Nurburgring in heavily camouflaged body cladding. You'd be shocked to know how far before new BMWs' release dates that the cars are actually done being developed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.