BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Passport BMW of MD.

12K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Drose 
#1 ·
Once again Passport BMW in Md. comes thru with a great experience and price.

Bought my leased vehicle back from BMW. Passport worked a great price for the vehicle, CPO and maintenance. This was the same vehicle I bought from them 3 years ago, (335i sports,comfort access, premium, auto,19k) when they beat every ones price in DC metro area.

Tried to deal with Sterling VA. BMW (less than 5 miles from the house), what a joke, those guys are just rude, very evasive, and could careless about a customer as long as they make lots of $$$ on a sale. They were thousands higher than Passport.

Bottom line don't waste your time with Sterling, VA BMW, I have tried for the last 4 transactions and have been disappointed each time.

Make the drive to Passport, you will not be disappointed.

#2 ·

Bought my leased vehicle back from BMW. Passport worked a great price for the vehicle, CPO and maintenance. This was the same vehicle I bought from them 3 years ago, (335i sports,comfort access, premium, auto,19k) when they beat every ones price in DC metro area.

Tried to deal with Sterling VA. BMW (less than 5 miles from the house), what a joke, those guys are just rude, very evasive, and could careless about a customer as long as they make lots of $$$ on a sale. They were thousands higher than Passport.

Bottom line don't waste your time with Sterling, VA BMW, I have tried for the last 4 transactions and have been disappointed each time.

I live in Va as well and I went to Fairfax BMW and they were as bad or worse than Sterling BMW. I went to Passport BMW and they gave me the best deal by far and treated me like they really appreciated my business.

#9 ·
+ 1 I tried twice to deal with Fairfax and they lied, were way overpriced and arrogant. I've been with Passport since (and Joern there) for three cars.

#3 ·
I had the exact same experience. I live right near Fairfax BMW, but I spoke with BMW Sterling as well. The Sterling sales guy actually told me to give him a break that he was just trying to make some money on the car. I explained that it wasn't my job to help him out, I was out to find the best price possible. The Fairfax team was just plain rude and didn't really sit down and answer any questions. (I guess being 25 years old made them not think I should be buying a new BMW.) After going to Passport, the first offer I got from them was just above invoice and no other dealerships would beat it. My sales guy (John Dugan) was extremely responsive and even after receiving delivery must have sat with me for over an hour in the car just explaining every last detail. I was very pleased and would just go right back to them to buy my next BMW. Well worth the drive.

#4 ·
Nice to hear positive reports about a dealer for a change. If Passport wasn't on the other side of DC from me I would use them for service.

#11 ·
Im glad you had a great experience Passport not only wants to sell cars they want to make loyal customers in the process its a good sound business model. I just wish the BMW Dealerships in Virginia would do the same .

#13 ·

I live 5 minutes from BMW of Sterling and get my car serviced there without issue but I would never buy a new BMW from them. If you go in there you better have all of your information down pat because there is a lot of hiding the ball that goes on there. I have never had a problem with getting good service there though even though my z4 was bought from a competing local dealer.

#17 ·
+1.
I bought mine from another dealer, but take it in to BMW Sterling for service and faced no issues.
The only thing I wish for is, the SA to really sit down and spend some time talking with me on what service complaints/concerns I have - but they look really busy all the time.

#15 ·
Different view of FF BMW

Ironically I've bought two BMW's from Fairfax BMW and both times the process was smooth, easy, and pretty much hassle free. I've done my homework before hand and am pretty upfront on what I am willing to pay. Their service department on the other hand has always been about trying to upsell me on repairs and is a total pain in the butt.

I've heard lots of good things about Passport BMW on the sales side and am considering servicing the new car there since I've moved my offices to Bethesda. Hope their service department is as good as the sales side.

#16 ·
Ironically I've bought two BMW's from Fairfax BMW and both times the process was smooth, easy, and pretty much hassle free. I've done my homework before hand and am pretty upfront on what I am willing to pay. Their service department on the other hand has always been about trying to upsell me on repairs and is a total pain in the butt.

I've heard lots of good things about Passport BMW on the sales side and am considering servicing the new car there since I've moved my offices to Bethesda. Hope their service department is as good as the sales side.
Passport has valet service within a 50 mile radius, where they pick up your car for service and leave the exact car for you to use until your car is done. I haven't used it but my daughter did and she loved it, she is very busy, owns her own business and doesn't have time to take her car in for service, so the valet service worked very well for her.

#18 · (Edited)
Sounds like I should have gone there for service. Let's just say, you need to make sure you are very clear on what Inspection II means because it seems like some dealers are coming up with their own definitions and then charging you extra for consumables and other periodic maintenance that are supposed to be covered for that rather hefty fee which is way more than it should cost just to look at stuff. Not a good sign when the dealer tries to wiggle out of what it says on its own website.

#22 ·
Bmwsalesguy

Who Was your sales guy if you dont mind me asking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.