BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E36 official firearms thread.

32K views 422 replies 37 participants last post by  Rich_Jenkins 
#1 ·
We talk about firearms in the OT thread an awful lot, and while it's OT to BMW, it gets talked about frequently enough to probably use it's own thread.

SO: the main purpose will be to openly discuss and share photos of and about firearms. This IS NOT to be a political thread, we all have our opinions about it and this ain't the place for it, so check it at the door. This is going to be a friendly thread about reviews, acquisitions, advice, and general discussion.

Okay so there will be some ground rules

• No attempts to buy or sell any firearm, ammo, or components
  • keep politics to an abosolute minimum
  • no fanboy circlejerks
  • do not post pictures or videos of you or anyone else engaging in risky or otherwise illegal behavior
  • always use proper safe firearm handling techniques
  • do not take any legal advice from here, we're not lawyers and thusly not liable for anything stupid or illegal that you or someone may or may not do
  • it is okay to post pictures from hunts, but no blood/gore please
  • use common sense when posting, if it seems wrong, it probably is.
This list will be amended as time goes on I'm sure but these are a few of the basics that immediately come to mind.

With all that, let us get started?

See less See more
#292 ·
The sheriff association has backed a new guy that says he is very pro-2A and CCW and plans to make my county basically will-issue. Hoping I can get one come 2014.

Till then, all this talk of concealed carry just pisses me off :mad:

Any errors in this post are purely Swype's fault, not mine.

#303 ·
#305 ·
The guy with the Sig P226 sold the gun out from under me, three days before I was going to buy it :mad:

However, now I might pick up my brother's Beretta 92F for a good price. Feels a lot nicer than the Glock, could use some night sights, but an upgrade in every sense IMO.

#318 ·
The guy with the Sig P226 sold the gun out from under me, three days before I was going to buy it :mad:

However, now I might pick up my brother's Beretta 92F for a good price. Feels a lot nicer than the Glock, could use some night sights, but an upgrade in every sense IMO.
You'll like it, I think. I know I do. :thumbup:

Ken......those are some gorgeous rifles.

#306 ·
Everyone in my class (including instructors) except for me and one other guy is an extreme Glock fanatic. They talk sh!t on my XDM and I'm like "alright, dry fire my weapon, then dry fire yours"

That seems to cool them off some :)

I'm not a Glock hater at all, but almost everyone that owns or shoots one thinks it's automatically the best pistol ever.

#307 ·
Everyone in my class (including instructors) except for me and one other guy is an extreme Glock fanatic. They talk sh!t on my XDM and I'm like "alright, dry fire my weapon, then dry fire yours"

That seems to cool them off some :)

I'm not a Glock hater at all, but almost everyone that owns or shoots one thinks it's automatically the best pistol ever.
i like them personally but i never bought into the fanboy mentality. a good gun is a good gun. Just because I don't like the XD doesn't make it bad. I just can't get over the long, odd shaped grip.

i had a trigger job done on my G23 and MAN is that trigger precise. the forced reset is amazing. my two buddies were standing next to me shooting their M&P 40's and they both said they could hear my trigger reset every time "CLICK!"

i was able to hit up walmart and find .308 and 12ga ammo, amazingly. however they limit you to three purchases so i had to settle for 2 boxes of .308 and 1 of shells.

#311 ·
Hey, all...

thought I would chime here....

Im a black powder guy...Kentucky Long Rifle flint lock variety, octagonal bore, modern powders...Ive also got a cap and ball rifle kit thats over the fireplace....I regularly shoot target sport rifles of vintage variety....Remmi model 52 heavy barrel, Remmi factory aperature peep with hooded front sight, (1932 manufacture).....Also picked up a fun trap gun, a little single shot break barrel 20 gauge I got for the kids to try, and my remmi 12 gauge.....

Handguns? none yet, but I do like the Glocks for ease of use and good fit.....

Oh, I also have a replica Walther PPK movie gun....great link here from Dr. No.....

firearms instructor for youth target sports CMP cert for now also work with BSA and help run the local ranges....great fun....

JP

#314 ·
That .45 Hawken kit is the one over my fireplace, Ken.....decided to finish it in natural steel with clear poly on the stock....Its a beautiful blonde!

Yeah, they are accurate.....surprisingly so...I dont mean the modern BP guns, they should be....but even the old long rifle is very steady, solid and accurate!.....oh, and heavy! ;)

I love the process. It really gives an appreciation of each shot....I mean, sure, you can load up your 6 gun or clip and fire away....but not with these babies!

JP

#316 · (Edited)
CVA Kentucky rifle, .45 caliber, custom inlaid barrel pin escutcheons:

CVA Hawken, .45 caliber, double set triggers:

You even get a look at the Grumpy Chair, my 40-year old La-z-boy. ;) Looks like it could use some Leatherique!

Sorry for the crappy cell phone shots, but my Olympus digital is on the fritz.....

#317 ·
both of those rifles are gorgeous. i'm more utilitarian when it comes to my firearms, but the inlays and wood are so perfect. and the triggerguard on that CVA is classsssy

#320 ·
You'll like it, I think. I know I do. :thumbup:

Ken......those are some gorgeous rifles.
Thanks guys. I builded them whit me own two handies! :D

Maybe, if I can get the DSLR working, I'll take some pictures of my other gun projects, and one very rare, original muzzle loader that was my great, great grandfather's.

#322 ·
Guys i know NOTHING about guns.

But i want one with the purchase of my new house. i want it for protection only.

I dont want something big and heavy. i dont need no glock 45 or **** like that.

Would like a 9mm be sufficient or are these like too heavy?
9mm is more than effective for anything you're going to want it for, save for if you're ever mauled by a bear.

#329 ·
Franklyn,

Disregard the above post. There is no such thing as a warning shot. Ken will lead you to what's best for your situation.

Ken,

Looks good! What kind of upper are you going to get and what are you going for with the build?

#331 ·
Franklyn,

Disregard the above post. There is no such thing as a warning shot. Ken will lead you to what's best for your situation.

Ken,

Looks good! What kind of upper are you going to get and what are you going for with the build?
Probably a Palmetto State Armory upper, they're the best value for quality and reliability.

#330 ·
Definitely take a handgun safety course, Franklyn. And no one has ever said a 9mm was too heavy.

#332 ·
Franklyn, 9mms are great, they have plenty of stopping power without much recoil.

Jared.....we still need to go to the range dude n

C:\>Sent from my 386 using MS-DOS__

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.