BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

A Quick Enquiry

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  thexpbogger 
#1 ·
OK......

I have just noticed the oil pressure light come on in my 87 535i...... I checked the dip stick and the oil is a touch below the 2nd marker........ exactly what is the 2nd marker supposed to be??????? i would check in my brand new BENTLEYS, but have to wait until I receive it from the UK...... Apparently AMAZON.COM will not post to me in AUSTRALIA (scumbags) so I had to purchase from the UK instead (thanks).............. gotta wait 4-6 weeks though!!!!!

I'm guessing if oil is correct, then it must be a dodgy oil pressure switch........ another problem to add to the GLITCH LIST

Stephen

#3 · (Edited)
My oil pressure switch failed by leaking at the point where the wire connector enters it; very unusual. It's an easy and cheap repair though, they cost less than $20. You may want to actually remove the switch and check the oil pressure at that port with a good quality gauge, it will give you piece of mind.

#4 ·
Thanks to the both answers............. noticed today the light actually went out for about 5 minutes but came back on again................... as for the oil level answer............ glad I am just on full and not dry...... can ignore the light for the next week or so until I hopefully get the BENTLEYS from the UK and a replacement oil pressure switch........

might as well do an OIL and FILTER change at the same time as the switch fix!!!!!!

Thanks

Stephen

#5 ·
Source a handbook too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.