BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How to permanently lock a window to closed position?

7K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Oscswa 
#1 ·
I just bought 2 cars recently and they each have a rear door window with regulator/motor issues. They are both disconnected and don't mind them working at the moment.

The problem is that the glass don't stay fully closed in the up position. They come down about 1/4 thru 1/2 inch and causes wind noise.

Is there a way to lock them in the up/fully closed position?
I don't mind opening up the panels, but I'd like to know how to lock once I do.

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
Why not just reconnect the electrical connector...then if the window slips down...all you have to do is press the window button to raise it back up.

You don't have to worry about rear passengers trying to lower the windows (since they don't work anyways)...but you can also lock the rear window switches from operating (see the long button across the button of the master button switch with the "X" on it...that locks the rear windows). :)

#6 ·
i pulled the window up and Jammed the wire all up so it had no slack and it held till i got the regulator a week later, might just been fluke though...

#7 ·
This is a bit hard to explain but I will try.

You can use a short screw and nut with 2 quarter sized washers, screw it onto the track that the window slides up and down on. Place it high enough on the track under the plastic bracket that the window slides on and it will keep it from rolling down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.