BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

IPod Malfunction 2013 335i xDrive

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  benny328 
#1 ·
The IPod Classic is hooked up to the car via the USB connector. Most times it works well. However sometimes it goes into a malfunction mode and does not work. 2 to 3 days will pass and then it starts working again. It does not appear to be a battery charge thing. When I look at the battery icon on the IPod, it shows a full charge. The malfunction is random hit and miss. Also I just leave it in the car hooked up to the USB connector and don't do anything else like take it our to recharge the battery.

Anyone having similar issues?

#2 ·
Can you be more specific about the Malfunction? Has it been hot in your area? Is it possible it is overheating from being out in the sun?

#3 ·
Temperate weather around 70 degrees during the day. Also use sunshades front and rear (rear has the power sun shade option). The temperature inside the car has been rather moderate these last couple weeks. I don't think its from overheating. The last occurrence happened in the morning when it was about 50 degrees outside.

#4 ·
The IPod Classic is hooked up to the car via the USB connector. Most times it works well. However sometimes it goes into a malfunction mode and does not work. 2 to 3 days will pass and then it starts working again. It does not appear to be a battery charge thing. When I look at the battery icon on the IPod, it shows a full charge. The malfunction is random hit and miss. Also I just leave it in the car hooked up to the USB connector and don't do anything else like take it our to recharge the battery.

Anyone having similar issues?
BMW's website www.bmw.com/usb states that connection to classic ipods is unstable. I've had a couple of glitches with mine myself but nothing that a hard reboot of the ipod didn't fix (menu+play). Happened once or twice in 3 months of ownership.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.