BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Additional number of 1 M release possible?

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  thumper_330 
#1 ·
Some time back I was desperately searching for 1 M and sent bunch of requests for quote to BMW dealership in southeast. Today I received the only reply so I called the dealership. Obviously they did not have any but during the discussion with the manager he said that there is a possibility based on past experience with BMW limited number production runs that sometime they release additional numbers of vehicles. He offered me to take a deposit on one. I did not belived him but just for hell of it I did put $1,000.00 deposit on it. What do you guys think. Was he just blowing smoke or there is a possibility of more 1 M vehicles release to the market. And how long should I wait before giving up and take deposit back. I am not being hurt for being out of 1,000 bucks and can wait a long time as long as there is hope it will happen. And please you guys that managed to buy one, don't make fun of me.

#3 ·
Thanks for reply. I have an update. I found one open order with production date in December. So production must be stil goig on. I am waiting for more info since CA is not experienced with ED. It is much much to early in the year for my vacation in Europe. It is cold and nasty where I will go. I want to stay for 3 weeks. Everything will be covered with gray salt and dirt layer and I will need winter tires. But if that is the only way to get one I think I will do it.

#4 ·
BMW will be making the 1M through December of this year. The original estimate for total number of 1M's to the US is ~800 - 1000 cars. There is still Approx. 5 months of Production time left, less Holiday closings at the factories but many dealers have already sold out their allocations for the year with many more people waiting in line for anything left.

I would suggest you hold your deposit and wait while at the same time look for another open Allocation at another dealer.

Good luck with your search.

#5 ·
1addicts has been maintaining a list of known open allocations... very handy particularly if you're going to do an ED and/or PCD since you don't have to travel to the dealer to get the car. However, I think at this point the allocations are all but gone. Check over there though and see if there are any on the list, but you may also have to start just calling/emailing BMW dealers... though you can probably also expect to pay well over MSRP at this point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.