BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Rolf Contact Information

265K views 743 replies 330 participants last post by  JSpira 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Contraryto previous postings, Rolf is now very responsive to e-mail. Early scheduling is recommended. He was busy on our arrival date.

+49 171-82 514 92 Phone number
rolf.pickupservice@yahoo.de

#589 ·
I wonder where Rolf drives people to? Hotel? BMW Welt?

I am arriving at the airport just before 2 p.m. and rush to the factory for a tour. The alternative is to go to the tour first thing Monday morning.

#590 ·
The answer is wherever you want to go!

Rolf has frequently picked me up, taken me to my hotel, and then the next morning come back and picked me up from the hotel and taken me to the BMW Welt. This was especially fun on the Opening Day of the Welt, when we were the only people there (more or less) at 7 a.m. before the festivities began.

#595 ·
We just got back from doing an ED and met with ROLF. He was waiting for us in the exact spot that he described. What an amazing guy, very polite, knowledgable and pleasant to be around.
He did not have any other pick ups after us and offered to take us sight seeing, which was extremely nice of him. He also spent a nice amount of time with us at the hotel telling us how to get around and what is worth seeing. This was extremely helpful. Thank you very much Rolf. We look forward to meeting you again.

Attachments

#597 ·
Rolf Update

I communicated with Rolf last week, he seemed fine as much as anyone can tell from an email.

He's picking me up at the airport in late July. He said he was going on vacation in Span in August so he will not be able to take me back to the airport.

He arranged for my return to the airport via Peter.

I hope this is helpful.....

SR

#599 ·
I communicated with Rolf last week, he seemed fine as much as anyone can tell from an email.

He's picking me up at the airport in late July. He said he was going on vacation in Span in August so he will not be able to take me back to the airport.

He arranged for my return to the airport via Peter.

I hope this is helpful.....

SR
I've also been trading e-mails with him the past few days. He'll be picking me up at Munich airport on July 5.
Thanks Guys, I guess i'll send him another email.

#603 ·
I just returned from Munich yesterday

I want you to know that the whole experience with Rolf and Peter worked seamlessly.
They were where they said they would be, exactly on time. They were pleasant and informative.

The overview of the city that Rolf provided was helpful and interesting. We referred to it often during our stay in Bavaria.

He took me to get a Blau SIM card in a store that is right behind the bench where he meets his BMW clients. There I purchased, for 30 Euros, 1 GB of data to use with my Verizon Galaxy Note 2. The card is good in Germany only, which was fine since we spent two weeks in Germany.

The data connection was great, it enabled me to use an app called Line2 to make VOIP calls to the States as if I were at home. I have had a distinct number with Line2, which I use often, for almost three years. When I was in my hotels I used Wi-Fi, when available.

The whole experience with both Rolf and Peter was great and one that I would recommend to others. I did suggest to them that they get the Viper App to make it easier, and cost free, to communicate with their clients. Peter installed it on his iPhone but has not used it yet. Rolf tells me that Peter is more up to date with Smartphones.

I hope this information is useful.

BTW: Did I mention the car? That is another wonderful story.....:thumbup:

#605 ·
You too Rolf. It was great to meet you and Peter.
To all EDer's: I highly recommend Rolf. He met us as arranged, gave us a nice introduction to things to do in Munich, showed us the drop-off point, took us to our hotel then to the Welt. It saved us a lot of time and aggravation. Peter got us to the airport for our flight promptly.

#608 ·
Merry Christmas, Rolf. You picked my wife and I up on July 1st, 2012. You had a replacement sport wagon as yours was in the garage.

Wishing you the best!

#610 ·
Rolf, incredible resource for all ED B'festers

Roff picked me up on Thursday. As everyone has mentioned he is an extremely helpful gentleman. There is no reason why anybody doing ED not to use his services. It is not just abou him giving you a ride from the airport to your hotel. He spent time with me reviewing the highlights of Munich and the tourist traps to avoid. He also reviewed the mass transit system so I could some sense of fares, etc. After dropping off at my hotel he was so kind to wait while I freshened up and then gave me a ride to the Welt so I could do a dry run of my pickup. As he suggested i bought a day ticket for the mass transit and the rode the U train to last station on the west side and them rode the tram back to downtown giving myself a cheap "city tour". :D

#614 · (Edited)
I'm assuming it hinges on whether you just need a lift from the airport, or a ride from and to if your only staying a few days. I can tell you he is invaluable, and a true treasure. He will explain everything worth seeing, how to get from point a to point b, he knows Munich inside and out. Add to that his love for BMW and his sincere desire to help 'festers, you cannot go wrong. Rolf is a gentleman in the truest sense. I do know he is in line with cab fare, but you will get so much more with him. Email him, tell him drstein sent you !!!

#616 · (Edited)
Absolutely agree with DrStein!!!
Rolf was there to literally and emotionally pick us up after a very poor start to our ED trip...when the airline overbooked our flight and bumped my wife..and consequently me, from the first leg of our trip via Chicago to Munich. 5+ hectic hours later driving our way to meet the Lufthansa flight in Chicago, we boarded the plane and all was good thereafter on Lufthansa.

A quick e-mail to Rolf and he adjusted his schedule for our much later Sunday arrival time..and was right there in front of the blue/yellow Edeka grocery store inside the Munich airport. He drove us to our hotel making sure to first point out the location of LogInOut dropoff point and briefing us on German driving, camera locations etc. When we arrived at the Marriott on Berliner Strasse, he not only dropped us off but carried in our bags, waited until we checked in and then spent another 30 minutes with us in the hotel lobby lounge giving us tips on the trains, places to go/eat etc. He then dropped us off at the Welt where we did a little automotive "sightseeing". Since our delivery was "first thing" Monday at 8am, we chose to have him drive us to the Welt with our luggage to avoid Monday morning train crunch. Again, door to door service and I think the "extra" Monday morning trip was only an additional 15 euros.

If a future BMW ED experience in 3 years is in the cards, I would NOT hesitate to again reach out to Rolf...whom just after our short encounter, I now consider him my German friend. Even though we lived in Germany for three years and were comfortable with driving and I know a modicum of German, Rolf helped make the ED experience that much more special. Noch einmal, vielen dank Rolf :thumbup:

#619 ·
Rolf, looking forward to meet you next Tuesday! Big thanks to Jon Schafer for linking us up! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.