BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Control cluster (dash)

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  johnf 
#1 ·
My gas gauge light went out on me 2 days ago, anyone got a Diy on how to fix it? I'm assuming its the bulb since i just had a tail light go out on me.

:dunno: Side note while i was looking around i saw this AWESOME blue Dash cluster set-up. Is it possible to do this?

My cluster does'nt look like this, but you understand what i'm going for.

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
German aircraft largely used a long persistence green phosphor during WWII. Night fighters used red because the pilot might be wearing red googles while flying in and around FLAK searchlights. Brave guys. On the other hand, British aircraft did use orange dial markings, excited by UV (black) light. :thumbup:

Civilian aircraft largely switched to information-specific instrument colors some years ago. As far as I can tell, BMW uses soft orange more as a trademark than anything else. They have used other colors, for example, white in the Z4M.

#9 ·
If you really really want to do it, you can probably find an overlay for it. However, that being said, you'd be limiting your market by doing that. Sure the "kids" might think it's fast because of some spiffy lights, but average Joe adult will see it and maybe think "Oh no, this may have been riced out... run away!"

Just a thought. Good luck on fixing the bulb!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.