BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

How do Msport X5s compare to the X6?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  AM123 
#1 ·
I saw a 3.5 Msport X5 blk/blk on the lot. It looks amazing. It also looks significantly lower than a regular X5.

Has anyone driven a new Msport (either 3.5 or 5.0) and an X6?

I wanted an X6 but my wife insisted on the X5. It must be the rear diff b/c IMHO the X6 rides much more car like than our E70 4.8 sport w/20s.

Msport used to mean the magicians at M tuned the car's suspension. But not sure if that still applies.

Can anyone comment on whether the Msport is sportier than a regular sport X5? Or is it just a looks only package?

Thanks

#2 ·
self bump

I looked at an online parts catalog and the suspension is the same on the M sport as it is on the regular sport (the springs may be different but everything else if the same).

Unless theres something I'm missing, the M sport is essentially an appearance package.

DRP

#3 ·
+1. She may look prettier than the garden variety X5, but she can't dance any better.

The X6 has paddle shifters, which you can't get on the X5. And a big part of the X6's handling prowess is the torque vectoring, which is not avalable with the M Sport package.

#4 ·
The M-Sport comes with Adaptive Drive standard, while its optional on the Sport. That's the only difference in terms of suspension. Everything else is cosmetic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.