BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

the VERY best of E39 Links

795K views 111 replies 53 participants last post by  Cuzzman 
#1 · (Edited)
#91 ·
please help

I have a 2000 bmw 528i it starts after a couple trys and will fail when it reaches 2000-3000 rpm things ive done;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Idle control valve
intake camshaft sensor
Exhaust camshaft sensor
spark plugs and new coil boots
Mass air flow sensor
fuel pump
fuel filter
gas regulator
thermostat
power steering system all hoses and reservoir
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and still nothing. seems to work any suggestion?:mad::mad:

#105 ·
I have a 2000 bmw 528i it starts after a couple trys and will fail when it reaches 2000-3000 rpm things ive done;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Idle control valve
intake camshaft sensor
Exhaust camshaft sensor
spark plugs and new coil boots
Mass air flow sensor
fuel pump
fuel filter
gas regulator
thermostat
power steering system all hoses and reservoir
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
and still nothing. seems to work any suggestion?:mad::mad:
Mine was dead crank no start check vacuum lines at rear of engine I had to replace solenoid exhaust side at 183k miles back to smooth love my 525i e39 2003

Sent from my SM-N960U using Bimmerfest mobile app

#96 ·
E39 Hood

Okay - I'm not doing this right but I need to get an answer to simple question. Does a 2002 530i hood work as a replace on a 2001 530i? Are there any tricks I need to know before I swap the hoods?
What happened is, my baby was vandalized. Some one punched my hood and buckled it. Must have had a really bad day and must have been a huge guy. Hit it twice. Must have a broken hand. My pretty 2001 looks like a sad sack. I found a beautiful hood same color too. That guy's engine seized.
So . . . will it fit?

#97 ·
Reomendations on the 7 series

You guys have always been a great help since I bought my 530. But it was vandalized recently. Broke my heart
I am seriously considering selling it and getting a more comfortable 7 series. Does any one have the dope on 7's? I'm thinking 2006 to 2012. Which years are the best maintenance wise? What are the options I should be looking for? I'm more interested in a soft ride rather than sports suspension.
As always, Thank you very much
Nick Sloan

#108 ·
Great reading, especially for someone like me who is still learning what makes a E39 tick.
Just one small point about Hi-OBC's & your understanding of the variants to which the system was specced. My '98 523i SE has it & I will shortly be seeking forum advice on that score.

#109 ·
This is the dumbest, worstest, most retardedest sticky I have ever read! Not a single one of those hyperlinks explains what the hyperlinks are supposed to do! for example, #2 reads,"I like this guy's site. it's organized and has some very good DYI procedures."
The stupidest, for sure...

#110 ·
Says the person that uses the words “worstest” and “stupidest”.
Make your own thread if you want. Or go to E39Source.

#112 ·
Here's one for the NEW Trick Bits center console Cup Holder.

Product Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Vehicle door
Hand Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.