BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Your GOODYEAR RUNFLATS are UNDER WARRANTY for MFG DEFECT AND ROAD HAZARD FOR 6 YRS

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  dmunz 
#1 ·
I apologize for basically duplicating another thread on this topic but I wanted to add one with a topic that was crystal clear.

My local CT dealer wanted to charge me $470 to replace my front Eagle LS2. Thanks to this forum, and after a quick call to an awesome Goodyear company, my cost was $57.

I was amazed that Goodyear told me that all of the runflats are covered for 6 years. After 12 months the coverage is adjusted based on usage but really, this is fantastic. I have runflats on my corvette that I bought 4 years ago and they are also covered!

And this coverage is on defects AND road hazards. I was also told that if you needed 2 or even 4 tires based on the Car MFG recommendations, that Gyear will "assist."

For those considering Tire and Wheel insurance, what you are really buying is Wheel insurance and possibly some "extra" road hazard since the Goodyear warranty is adjusted based on use.

Let's face it, 6 years is way longer than the tires will even last for most drivers.

Gyear also mentioned that they are considering a policy change in the coming months where they may be removing this coverage on their runflats. So, if you are in need of new tires soon, it may be worth it to buy them now while they still come with a 6-yr Defect/Road Hazard Warranty.

It's disappointing that my Service Adviser conveniently pleaded ignorance on this information. BMW sells way too many Gyear runflats for the service team not to know that Gyear covers ALL of its runflats.

We should expect a little more respect from our BMW dealers. Of course, they assume we will believe their BS and just pay the bill.

See less See more
#2 ·
Excellent information! Had no idea.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App

#3 ·
Looks like a similar warranty is available for those of us fitted with Pirelli's:

If a Run Flat tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or material irregularities or road hazard injury during the initial warranty period, the tire will be replaced to the owner at no charge. The initial warranty period lasts one year from the date of original retail purchase (purchase receipt required) or within the first 2/32" of original tread, whichever occurs first. After the initial warranty period, if a Run Flat tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship and material irregularities or road hazard injury, the owner must pay the cost for a comparable new Pirelli brand or PTNA private brand replacement tire on a pro-rated basis. An authorized Pirelli dealer will determine the cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current dealer selling price. The owner will be responsible for any associated service charges, including mounting and balancing of the tire. A tire has delivered its original usable tread and is considered 100% worn when the treadwear indicators (2/32" tread remaining) become visible regardless of age or mileage. Run Flat tires have the same mileage warranty as the standard tire line they are part of, up to a maximum of 30,000 miles.

http://www.pirelli.com/tire/us/en/car/genericPage/all_about_tyres.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.