BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

X1 Coding complete thanks to Dan (roumaniankid)!

9K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Bucketfoot 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Just met up with Dan (aka "Roumaniankid" on here) from the forum today and he coached me through the coding process and helped to make all the changes I had in mind...plus a few I didn't know about! Please if you are in the Sacramento, CA area send him a PM and he would be glad to assist. He has the coding process down to a science it seems!

I was able to do the following:
- Disable iDrive legal disclaimer. [Thank goodness!]
- Enable DVD in motion. [This is pretty cool and works great]
- Allow closing of windows/sunroof with fob. [Nice to have just in case]
- Allow closing of windows/sunroof with Comfort Access. [Again just nice to have]
- Fold/unfold mirrors with key fob. [Sweet!]
- Auto unlock all doors when car turned off. [I don't understand why this isn't an option in iDrive]
- Enable Auto Mode for Day/Night Nav. (Finally! BMW ADD THIS TO iDRIVE!]
- Allow Fog Lights + High Beam. [Cool!]
- Allow Fog Lights + Flash. [Nifty!]
- Enable Digital Speed. [Yeah!]
- Disable speed correction. [Analog speedo and digital speed now seem to match and are accurate]
- Double Blink Hazards. [Heck, why not!]
- Enabled "soft-on" for the welcome lights. [This causes the exterior lights to fade on slowly, looks neat]
- Enabled rear fogs during welcome lights. [This just adds extra light in the rear and looks cool]

Again send Roumaniankid a PM. Great guy and he knows his stuff.

See less See more
#6 ·
That's a nice list. I wonder if the coding tool is the same as what's used on MINIs. If so, I have access to the tool. Just need the codes.
A quick Google search seems to indicate that Mini's use the NCS Expert software as well so you should be good. The list of codes are available on the web.

Some very nice options in there. Just to let you know, however, this one is illegal in most if not all states.
Being in and around big cities here in CA, I only use the high beams to let someone know they can go at a stop sign or parking lot or something. Roads are never dark enough (or empty enough) really to warrant continuous use of high beams. But since you mentioned the legality of it I went to the CA vehicle/driving codes and I'm ok here in this state. Law only indicates you can't have more than 4 lamps lighted at any one time. And high beams don't count as 2 each (as in some states apparently). :thumbup:

The apocalypse is on its way.
Haha! This isn't for me...more for my 6 year old son. And probably will rarely get used. :) My eyes are always on the road.

You can also kill the gongs, and do it selectively. How many of us really need a reminder to buckle up. And it is nice not to have to buckle up the groceries in the passenger seat. Silence is golden!
I considered this, but didn't make any changes to them at this time. I may end up doing it later. The gong is definitely a bit on the annoying side, I agree! And my wife and I never forget to buckle up. I figured I might want to leave it in place in case someone else drives my car and they are more forgetful about it (although I rarely let others drive my cars unless I'm in it with them! :D ).

Happy New Year all!

#7 ·
I just had my 2014 x28X1 w/iDrive coded by Okee of TRIPL3_0 Coding. https://www.facebook.com/Tripl3OCoding

He sent me a list of what he offers which included, with my choices following on each line. Certain things on his list aren't applicable to the X1 or my vehicle in particular. He did a great job, and walked me through all the changes after he made them. I think the only choice I may have regret about is the automatically folding mirrors... I'm wondering if the mechanism will fail at some point with all folding and unfolding.

1) DVD In Motion (CIC Only) NO
2) Disable Legal Disclaimers YES
3) Delete Weatherband (WB) From Entertainment Options NA
4) Disable TPMS NO
5) Disable Seat Belt Chimes YES
6) Disable Seat Belt Butlers NA
7) Disable Door Chime NO
8) Enable The Ability To Open/Close Convertible Top While Driving NA
9) Close Windows & Sunroof With KeyFob YES
10) Fold/Unfold Side Mirrors With KeyFob YES,
11) Fold Side Mirrors As Soon As The Vehicle Is Locked YES
12) Disable Window Safety Yes
13) Start Car Without Braking/Clutching NO
14) Unlock Doors When Car Is Turned Off YES
15) Eject KeyFob When Car Is Turned Off NO
16) Disable Auto Dim Side Mirrors NO
17) Disable Headlight Washers NA
18) Wipers End Cycle (Wipers Return To Start Position When Car Is Shut Off) YES
19) Rain Sensor Closes Sunroof (Auto Wipers Must Be On) NO
20) Disable Auto Dim Rear View Mirror NO
21) Enable Pathway Lighting (Homelights From KeyFob-FRM3 Only) YES
22) Disable Halogen DRL's NO
23) Enable Angel Eye's As DRL's (Need FRM2 Or Higher) NA
24) Enable/Disable Taillight DRL's (Need FRM2 Or Higher) YES, Enable
25) Enable Fog Lights As Welcome Lights (Need FRM2 Or Higher) NO
26) Brake Force Display-Rear Fogs Illuminate W/Normal Braking (Need FRM
2 Or Higher) NO
27) Double Hazard Flashers/Eurohazards Yes
28) Disable Sidemarkers NO
29) Run High Beams & Fog Lights Simultaneously YES
30) Enable Inner Halogen High Beams Instead Of Xenon's NA
31) Enable Fog Lights To Be On All The Time (When Lights Are On) NO
32) Remove Adaptive Headlight Errors NA
33) Remove Light Errors (Caused By LED's, etc.) NO
34) Change 'One Touch' Lane Change Count From 3 Blinks to (4,5,6,etc) NO
35) Digital Speedometer YES
36) Disable Speed Overestimation NO
37) Instrument Cluster Lighting Always On (On By Default On ///M Cars) NO
38) Instant MPG Digital Readout (Not Available On All MY's) YES
39) Enable Shift Suggestions (6MT Only) NA

I did NOT elect to have the DVD enabled while the car was moving, there's already enough distractions on the road.

#8 ·
Funny you mention the idea of the constantly folding mirrors wearing out...I thought about that too but decided the car will be under warranty for the entire 3 years of my lease. So if they break, they will get fixed. :) But I doubt there will be any issues. Really does help in the garage and parking lots to allow for more room between cars.

#11 ·
Very cool,
I would like to remove the disclaimer and disable the roll down the windows with fob.
I might invest in the cable and attempt to code it myself.
But will wait another 3 years until my warranty is out.
Don't know if a re-code could void anything, but don't want to take that chance.:dunno:

#18 · (Edited)
Does anyone know if the option to display the actual tire pressure (instead of fine-not fine) is available?
I've been told that in eurospec X1s it is standard and displays pressure by the 1/2 lb.
Oh and the sig pic is from a year ago before I traded the 328i in for the X1 :).

#22 · (Edited)
- Disable iDrive legal disclaimer. [Thank goodness!]
- Allow closing of windows/sunroof with fob. [Nice to have just in case]
- Allow closing of windows/sunroof with Comfort Access. [Again just nice to have]
- Fold/unfold mirrors with key fob. [Sweet!]
- Auto unlock all doors when car turned off. [I don't understand why this isn't an option in iDrive]
- Enable Auto Mode for Day/Night Nav. (Finally! BMW ADD THIS TO iDRIVE!]
- Allow Fog Lights + High Beam. [Cool!]
- Allow Fog Lights + Flash. [Nifty!]
- Enable Digital Speed. [Yeah!]
- Disable speed correction. [Analog speedo and digital speed now seem to match and are accurate]
- Double Blink Hazards. [Heck, why not!]
- Enabled "soft-on" for the welcome lights. [This causes the exterior lights to fade on slowly, looks neat]
- Enabled rear fogs during welcome lights. [This just adds extra light in the rear and looks cool]
Small update on my coding guys. 2 of the options don't appear to quite work as I thought.

- Enable Auto Mode for Day/Night Nav. [This option isn't working. The Nav is not switching between Day & Night modes depending on ambient light or headlight activation. Kinda bummed since I was really looking forward to this one.]
- Disable speed correction. [I thought this would eliminate the analog speedo correction, but it didn't. The analog speedo is still showing about 4-5% higher speed than the digital speed readout. This isn't a huge deal, but wanted everyone to know.]

Everything else is great!

#23 ·
But, does the digital readout match actual speed? If so, that's an acceptable (to me) work-around. Bummer about the night/day nav display though. I'll be having mine coded soon, and will see if I get similar results. In the MINI community, it seemed that sometimes codes that worked for one car didn't necessarily work on another. :dunno:

#26 ·
This is great, I can finally kill the gongs because they are so annoying especially when I turn up the stereo volume and when it gongs its always louder than the music (the settings for the gong is already at low volume.) Where can i get these features done?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.