BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

americautosales.com (legitimate?) M5 - 59,000 miles for $9,448!

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  TemporarySanity 
#1 ·
Is this legitimate?

M5

They have a load of cheap cheap BMW's, but I've never heard of them before. Does anyone know if this is a "real" company?

Sounds a little good to be true? I'm told that if it is, it usually is... lol

#3 ·
Price: US $9,448
Mileage: 59,000
Body Style: Sedan
Exterior Color: Le Mans Blue
Interior Color: Black

Pictures of the car from the listing:

Mhh. i guess this guy must be color blind because this car appears to be black.

i though Le Mans Blue looked like this:

:dunno:

#4 ·
That price is way too low for that mileage--hell that's low for a 540 with those miles. Just look around at what others are charging. A clean Carfax means nothing. Find someone to drive and inspect it.

#5 · (Edited)
That's the thing... you can't really inspect/drive it before you buy it because it'll be delivered (5 business days) to you AFTER you've paid.

They have cheap 540's, 330's and even M6's as well as M3's for almost "nothing".... it sounds a little bit fishy to me, but since my sister might be buying a cheap $5k-10k BMW (3'series like 330) it's worth considering, if it isn't a scam.

#8 ·
Yeah, right, and good luck with that. If they are willing to stand behind it after the sale, then they should be willing to do so beforehand, no?

#13 · (Edited)
paferri,

Thanks for the tip - I don't live in the US, so I didn't even know about BBB, but I looked it up:

http://www.bbb.org/memphis/business...ips/america-auto-sales-in-memphis-tn-33008076

They are rated "A" on a scale from (A+ to F)

According to BBB they have 2 complaints and both are resolved. They've been in business since 1999.

MYSTERY REVEALED:

"An America Auto Sales representative has notified our office that they have been the victim of business identity theft. The website:
www.americautosales.com does not belong to America Auto Sales located at 3240 Millbranch Rd in Memphis, TN. Consumers indicate that when contacting this "company" through the website they are asked to pay money in advance online for the purchase of a car that will be delivered at a later date."

Thanks guys! The "real" firm has this homepage: http://www.memphisautoworld.com/

#14 ·
Why would they sell a car, even a repo'd one, for well below market value? I don't get the logic. The value is the value, if the title is clean and the odo is legit.

Also no offense friend but your post count is a little, eh, suspect.

#16 ·
Don't even think about it! For $10k or whatever you pay you are not getting anything - not even a blown motor. Ass the BBB report states these people have stolen the business identity, created a web site that looks legit, and would probably collect as much money as they can in a short period and then disappear.

#17 ·
This site is a SCAM I looked up the company and ran a D&B report on them. They wanted a moneygram sent to them. After running the D&B I found a company phone number and after calling them they asked if I was looking at that website and said it is a scam that is using their company name and not to send them money.

#18 ·
well there you go....right in that report at the BBB site;

"An America Auto Sales representative has notified our office that they have been the victim of business identity theft. The website:
www.americautosales.com does not belong to America Auto Sales located at 3240 Millbranch Rd in Memphis, TN. Consumers indicate that when contacting this "company" through the website they are asked to pay money in advance online for the purchase of a car that will be delivered at a later date. "

huge scam!!!:thumbdwn:

#22 ·
I sent them extra like they asked. They said they will put the difference in the car so I'll have some cash when I get the car. Plus, they sold me a BRIDGE!! Just think of the money I'll make on tolls! Those guys are GREAT! Don't listen to the naysayers, go ahead and waste... uh I mean invest your money on an M5 of your choice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.