BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What's my in service date?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  kl07rph 
#1 ·
I picked up my car July 26th. Is that my in-service date?

I ask because my warranty is very nearly out and I got an SES light today cruising down the highway

#3 ·
I picked up my car July 26th. Is that my in-service date?

I ask because my warranty is very nearly out and I got an SES light today cruising down the highway
Pretty much so. I picked up ED late May 2011, and mine expired 4 years later, almost to the date I picked up. You can take your FOB to the dealer and they can print off all the details of your can, and when the warranty actually expires. Hurry up!

#4 ·
It'd be nice if the re-delivery date was the in-service date. But I can understand why they use the Welt delivery date. After all, if something fails while you're driving it around Europe, the warranty covers you (or at least covers reimbursement). If the re-delivery date were the start of the warranty, then they'd be giving you a free bonus warranty for the European leg of your ownership. That'd be nice, but we can't really expect it. The 1.5-2 month period between dropoff and redelivery is the one downside of ED. You don't have the use of a car that you've paid (or are paying ) for, and the warranty is burning. But, IMO, in the larger scheme of things it's a pretty small downside compared all the upsides of the program (e.g., a substantial discount on your car, driving on the Autobahn, enjoying Munich, having a great trip, etc. etc).

#7 ·
In-service date for the car (not sure about Sirius/XM) is your delivery date at the Welt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.