BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Crazy New 2012 X5 Prices in China

8K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  alphaod 
#1 ·
Just want to give you guys an idea how crazy the new X5 prices are in China. And people there still buying X5 crazily lol

New 2012 X5 Prices in USA
xDrive35i $47,500
xDrive35i Premium $55,200
xDrive35i Sport $57,700
xDrive35d $56,700
xDrive50i $64,200

New 2012 X5 Prices in China (Convert to US$)
Exchange Rate: 1 US$ = 6.38 RMB (Chinese Yuan)

xDrive35i $140,400
xDrive35i Premium $157,500
xDrive35i M $164,400
xDrive50i $260,900
xDrive50i Premium $290,400

I am so glad I am in US now since I could afford one while I am still young lol

Check below screen shot from BMW China Site:

:D

See less See more
#11 ·
Yes...U are right ...

However, some car in china has ridiculous price.. like MDX.. MDX has been targeted as luxury car in China, same with benz and bmw... the price is almost close to X5 base.. thats why even though MDX is very popular here, it is not in China... Who wants to spend the same amount of money to get MDX :yikes:

#9 ·
LOL, your $30k car will cost you $30k to import into China, so to break even you would have to sell that for $60k...... If you think its THAT easy, most people on the forum here are already billionaires. :bigpimp:

#10 ·
X5 cost more in China, $8.50 a gallon regular in Germany, more blondes in Sweden than in Vietnam.......... so what else is new?

#20 ·
Those are just listed prices.

Expect dealerships to add up to and over $50,000 to the prices due to low supply and high demand….

I know this because our family purchased a Q7 overseas in China and turned out with taxes and fees, we could have bought 4-5 fully loaded ones States-side.
why your family purchased Q7 in china ? they living in china ?

Q7 is the most popular SUV in china now. usually you will have to wait around 1-2 years before you can buy a new Q7 ....Q7 beats X5 in every aspect in china. probly marketing strategy... but if Audi never entered china market.. they wont be looking this good now ! chinese market saved brand of Audi :D

#21 · (Edited)
Not worth it; a lot of paper work and you still have to pay the custom tax on the full price of the car. ;)

why your family purchased Q7 in china ? they living in china ?
Because we've already had the X5 and M-class (before) and we wanted to try an Audi and an SUV made sense. The Q7 was the logical choice. It's actually pretty good vehicle. We've gone through Tibet and Xinjiang in it including crossing various deserts and such. Quite frankly I don't think the X5 could have done it due to lack of off road functionality like adjustable height suspension. I think the Q7 can best the versatility of other popular Chinese off-road vehicles namely the popular Toyota Prado (Lexus GL in the US). Not to insult my own peoples, but we didn't want a Chinese made car either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.