My E39 w/ it's new 18x8" BBS CK wheels

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  RomanEmpire 
#1 ·
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

See less See more
#2 ·
Spacers tomorrow! .... I think!?

#4 ·
:dunno: I guess not all of us care to walk around with our pants hanging down around our ankles. Been staggered... been back.. I'm ok with less understeer. I'll get the "look" with spacers.

#5 ·
Hi,

BBS are a quality manufacturer as we all know, just that most of their designs are relatively 'uninspiring' and these ones aren't one of their better ones. The overall result on the car makes it look like you've got the 'hubcap' look unfortunately..

The very well known LM, or the RX2 with the deep concave and a couple other BBS designs I forget the name of would've made the car look much better!

Cheers, Dennis!

#6 ·
I understand what your saying Dennis. From some angles I am less than enthused by this designs "flat affect".

There are however some angles that I absolutley love:

#8 ·
Lol... no sweat ...Dennis had a good and valid pooint. These are very polarizing wheels. I absolutley love the way they look in motion. My drive to work includes a lot of storefront windows at 7:00am ....I get a nice view everyday of the E39's shape. :yikes:

#10 ·
I've got them... I'll PM you?

#17 ·
Jhauser... PM me an email address and I'll send you some pics of the M-Parallel Replicas.

#13 · (Edited)
I really like these wheels, I just wish they were wider...
These wheels are similar to BBS CH wheels IMO.
Spacers and much more low will help tremendously IMO.
These wheels also look really good in a hyper-black finish too.
Need some better pictures though...
Try kneeling while taking the shot, and try shooting at some 60-75 degree angles perpendicular to the car.
Also try some straight side profile shots as well.
Google "LordDrift and his E39/E46 M3" and check out his pictures and his shooting angles.
Here is another example in this thread:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1830198
Check out how these pictures were taken.

Thanks!
Jason

#18 ·
Jason.....Thanks for the tips. I am pretty useless with a camera. In addition I'm 6'3" nd was standing at an elevation. Made the effect even worse. I will experiment until I've got some good pictures.

#15 ·
Albo - no worries, so long as you like them, that's what counts ! As they're genuine BBS, from 'some' angles their design will look better. Overall though, I still maintain they aren't so well suited to the car's styling. It may well be one of those things where in real life they look better and in pictures they're a bit .. well, uninspiring !

mcm530i - You're entitled to your opinion of course, but no, I'm not being negative or nasty towards Albo or in overall attitude - you'll notice Albo hasn't taken any iota of offence! Sorry if it comes across that way to you. However, no need to imply that I'm an 'ass' either !

Cheers, Dennis!

#19 ·
You know Dennis.... It's funny how everyone's tastes differ. We hear so often about how there's no individuality left in E39 styling. I am totally happy knowing that my wheel setup is fresh and different on this chassis. At least on this forum. I didn't buy them for that fact, but still....it is a bonus.

The truth is that I feel it does compliment the E39....very clean....very classy. I am satisfied with the purchase.

It just shows that wheel choice is so truly subjective...

#16 ·
Nice wheels, Albo. I do agree with Dennis regarding the design though.
Your front wheels turn in the wrong direction for the first 3 pictures :D

#22 ·
I'm actually sitting on eibach prokit springs and bilstien sport shocks. It gave me a nice drop up front, but the rear didnt drop much... A known prokit issue.

No rolling fenders for the setup i'm running.

#21 ·
I actually think they look really good. However, it would be worth changing the centre caps to the BMW ones IMO.

I wouldn't advocate lowering any further or adding spacers - mind you, I can't even begin to describe how absurd cars with wheels disappearing into their wheel arches looks as I'm seriously un-cool.

#25 ·
I like them plus they're real and unique :thumbup:
Please keep us posted, well me at least, for the spacers update as I have been looking into them for 4 months myself but can’t seem to find jack.
How did you even determined what size to get? That’s where I am still stock :dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.