BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Caliper Powder Coating

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  JimLev 
#1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for powdercoaters that can do a set of brake calipers. I recently bought a set of used brake calipers from a 530i and want to powdercoat them and rebuild them.

I would prefer someone in the southern california area, but in reality I just want the job done right. If you know any one that can do this and maybe even rebuild the calipers, I'd appreciate a point in the right direction.

#4 ·
Where are you in SoCal? San Marcos has two good places. North County powder coating and Electro Tech.

#5 ·
Bruce -

I've got my current calipers painted with G2 Caliper paint. I like the finish, but I want to powdercoat the next ones and then sell the ones I have.

Igor -

I've rebuilt calipers in the past. I have no problems doing it again, but I figured if there is a shop that will pwdercoat them, they will have to disassemble them as well. Might as well rebuild them for me if they can.

eparayno -

I'm in Beaumont. 45 minutes west of Palm Springs. I'll give your suggestions a shout once I have the new calipers in hand unless I find another option.

Thanks Guys!

#6 ·
I originally painted mine with hi temp paint and then a clear coat over the paint.
They looks good for a while, then the brake dust started to eat at the shinny finish.
I then sand blasted them and powder coated them.
Powder is 10x more durable than paint, that was 4 years ago, they still look just as good as the day I did them.
I did all 4 of mine anodized blue and some for an M5 black.

Rear

Fronts getting the powder cured.

M5 rears

#7 ·
I was going to use g2 caliper paint also but wow power coating looks amazing!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.