BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6M views 104K replies 316 participants last post by  tim330i 
#1 ·
There has been a bunch of OT threads lately, so i think we should try to keep it all the ot talk in one place. I know the e36 forum rocks, and all the other forums suck big time :bigpimp:, yet we need to stay on topic....

#55,362 ·
How the heck is Phyc part of a computer networking degree?! I can see it now.
"Welcome Lenovo, Have a seat on my desk. Can I call you Lenny?"
"Beep"
"Wonderful! So tell me what brings you in today?"
"Beep"
"Oh my, that sounds serious. Well let***8217;s get started. You said you were improperly used by Joe Shmo. How did that make you feel?"
"Beep"
"That mother Fcuker!!! Don***8217;t worry Lenny when I***8217;m done with you you***8217;re going to feel like a brand new computer and all of this will be forgotten."
"Beep, (shut down chime....)

#55,363 ·
I'd thought we had already had this conversation there Franklyn...
Hahaha asshole. Remember this is a COMMUTER car. :p However I'm leaning towards the Audi, but it is an option. I should mention subframe was recently reinforced at BMW and cooling sys recently reworked. Needs giubo or drive shaft, not sure which yet.

id take the b5...

4cyl lower miles, no RTAB issues, not as many cooling issues, and looks better
Point considered. Also more functional since the E46 is a coupe.

I can already see the look on Brittanys face if I pull up in a coupe.

How the heck is Phyc part of a computer networking degree?! I can see it now.
"Welcome Lenovo, Have a seat on my desk. Can I call you Lenny?"
"Beep"
"Wonderful! So tell me what brings you in today?"
"Beep"
"Oh my, that sounds serious. Well let***8217;s get started. You said you were improperly used by Joe Shmo. How did that make you feel?"
"Beep"
"That mother Fcuker!!! Don***8217;t worry Lenny when I***8217;m done with you you***8217;re going to feel like a brand new computer and all of this will be forgotten."
"Beep, (shut down chime....)
:bustingup

Sent from my LG Revolution 4G using BimmerApp

#55,364 ·
Am I asking too much?

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1814943

I'm not expecting to get $450 out of them but if I listed them for what I wanted every 16 year old fanboi with a ratted out 318i is going to lowball the snot out of me. Also, does anyone on here want 'em? I give you extra special good deal. ;)

#55,365 ·
Got suspended today at school.

Lol.

#55,371 ·
Aw man, this looks bad. I wonder what else im gonna see once the subframes out
This is in conjunction with all the other stuff smashed on the car? Jeez, between the two of us, we've got a lot of work to do!

#55,373 ·
Oh, for some reason I couldn't tell by looking at it. Makes sense now, though. Anyhow, that sucks. I'm not sure how easy it would be to weld things back up in that location. I think it's do'able, though.
Super easy to fix. just make sure you get all the rubber coating off. I used a 60grit mesh sanding wheel. While your at it. add:

http://store.bimmerworld.com/e36-rear-trailing-arm-pocket-reinforcement-kit-p984.aspx

Then rattle can it black. I cant weld but the guy who did it for me had it all together for me in like 45 minutes.

#55,374 ·
This is in conjunction with all the other stuff smashed on the car? Jeez, between the two of us, we've got a lot of work to do!
Yeah... I was thinking of dropping the subframe but I can get the rear lower arm bolt out if lossen up the diff. Saved myself a whole bunch of work.

Heres some part of the axel still stuck in the RTA.

Attachments

#55,375 ·
Super easy to fix. just make sure you get all the rubber coating off. I used a 60grit mesh sanding wheel. While your at it. add:

http://store.bimmerworld.com/e36-rear-trailing-arm-pocket-reinforcement-kit-p984.aspx

Then rattle can it black. I cant weld but the guy who did it for me had it all together for me in like 45 minutes.
The ones from AKG are one piece, and infinitely easier to weld into place. :thumbup:

http://www.akgmotorsport.com/catalog/catalog.php?category=e36 Chassis Reinforcement

#55,376 ·
Hey so if car running bad and you unplug the MAF should the car run better if the MAF is the culprit? B/C my dads car is still running bad on occasion and when unplug the MAF the car dies.

#55,378 ·
Feels freakin great getting rid of [most] the exhaust leaks! Engine runs much smoother and quieter, anddd can actually hear the intake do work! The motor doesn't hesitate anymore around 4.5k rpm and its a bit more responsive. I love it, should've done this a long time ago.

But still have the rev-hang :thumbdwn: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.