BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2007 335I tranny weird behavior

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  85 roc it 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
My car is driving me nuts, I'm getting really tired to my my car. I tried everything to fix this problem, new hpfp, new plugs, new engine oil, intake valve cleaned. but it still exists. I'm here to try to get some helps.
I have a 2007 FBO jb4 no Meth e90 335i 78k miles. The problem is, every time I accelerate slowly from a light, the car hesitates in 1st,2nd and 3rd gear at low rpm . No matter It's cold or warm. I can hear my DCI sucks air roughly . It's very noticeable. And the funny thing is that it only does that when the jb4 is on. What the fxxk? It wasn't like this! However it doesn't hesitate if I give harder throttle. But i dont wanna always do that cus its killing my mpg. I have this problem since 76k miles. No code no power lost. I'm planning to do the last thing see if it works, transmission flush.
Do you guys had this happened before ? Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app

#5 ·
I would reset your transmission adaptations first and foremost and see how the transmission behaves. Personally I don't think the transmission has anything to do with it and it sounds like a JB4 issue. Have you discussed this with Terry?
Also check over at Bimmerboost since JB4, Cobb, Vishu have large threads on virtually every type of tune for the N54-55...

#6 ·
Thanks for you reply. I Did reset the adaptation. Unfortunately it still does the same. I've talked to Jon@BMS and he asked me to send him a log. And update my jb4 firmware. The thing is I don't have the USB cable to to those stuffs. I'm thinking is a transmission flush worth a shot... I've never done that and I have jerky shifting in DS mode .

#7 ·
Hi everyone,
My car is driving me nuts, I'm getting really tired to my my car. I tried everything to fix this problem, new hpfp, new plugs, new engine oil, intake valve cleaned. but it still exists. I'm here to try to get some helps.
I have a 2007 FBO jb4 no Meth e90 335i 78k miles. The problem is, every time I accelerate slowly from a light, the car hesitates in 1st,2nd and 3rd gear at low rpm . No matter It's cold or warm. I can hear my DCI sucks air roughly . It's very noticeable. And the funny thing is that it only does that when the jb4 is on. What the fxxk? It wasn't like this! However it doesn't hesitate if I give harder throttle. But i dont wanna always do that cus its killing my mpg. I have this problem since 76k miles. No code no power lost. I'm planning to do the last thing see if it works, transmission flush.
Do you guys had this happened before ? Any suggestion will be appreciated!
Since 76k mi you say.

Last walnut shell blast was....when?

#11 ·
After the the hesitation does it slowly and gradually take off or does it return to a normal pace?

I assume your car hasn't thrown a code yet? Which is kind of odd.. Especially if you're having such problems.

Have you tried removing JB to see if it runs properly under normal conditions?

Do easy and cheap trouble shooting first! Could save yourself some time, energy and money

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#13 ·
After the the hesitation does it slowly and gradually take off or does it return to a normal pace?

I assume your car hasn't thrown a code yet? Which is kind of odd.. Especially if you're having such problems.

Have you tried removing JB to see if it runs properly under normal conditions?

Do easy and cheap trouble shooting first! Could save yourself some time, energy and money

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
It hesitates under a mild acceleration (inbetween 1000-3000rpm). If I give a little more throttle then the car just pull. There is no power problem since it pulls strong. I bet It's my tranny...

#17 ·
I think I may be experiencing something similar in my 06. I was used to driving the wife's 05 325xi and was really hooked on its throttle response and the way it went through the gears. When I got my 06 (something I didn't notice while test driving it...) I notice that there is almost a lag or something in the first couple of gears. On top of that, it's throttle response is different that the 05. I kept meaning to start looking into it but hadn't yet done it.

This problem seems a bit like what I'm feeling in my car. It doesn't exactly feel like something is wrong, but it just doesn't seem right either.

#18 ·
No code no warning light right? That's the thing driving us crazy. Recently I got a knock sensor code and I replaced the sensor. since a bad knock sensor can cause hesitation. After that my is a bit smoother but not perfectly smooth. Basically I can say the problem is still there, just got better...

#25 ·
I had to look it up. But the piping from. The turbo to the intake has an attachment called the heating element. What it is fr once again I did not know. Mine is leaking boost at that junction. Think it would be best to by a BOV kit, I think that would replace the part. Plus not $1800

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.