BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Anyone on Cepheus Leader?

7K views 66 replies 11 participants last post by  ciboM5 
#1 ·
I dropped off my 328i in Zurich on Sept 10. I hadn't heard about it being on a vessel so I shot Gondrand an email - turns out I made it onto the Cepheus Leader. Departed Germany on Sept 27, expected in Panama on 10/14, and at Port Hueneme on 10/24.

Good to see das Auto on the move again! :D

#2 ·
My car is on cepheus leader too.

The ship left Germany late. Its about 3 days behind. Hopefully, it will still be on time to Panama.

#3 ·
I'm on it too! I dropped off in Munich on 9/19.

#5 · (Edited)
Oh yeah - all aboard the CEPHEUS LEADER.

Me too, dropped off in Nice 9/17. Due Panama 10/14. Could have to slow down a bit, there is tropical storm Oscar out there. The boat which departed prior to us (FIDELIO) reports position and other data daily. Looks like 7' waves right now:

sailwx.info. Enter the ship name under "ship tracker." Unfortunately we cannot post the whole URL here.

NYK does not do this, so we'll know roughly when the ship is due in to Panama. I also took the extra step of adding the ship to my "fleet" at marinetraffic.com to be notified when it is in range an able to transfer AIS data.

#6 ·
The ship departed 3 days late from Bremehaven. It won't arrive Port Hueneme until 10/25

#25 ·
hey there

I have my car on same ship too. The ship might get to P H, in 24 25 oct. but droping off off all cars might take up to 5 days. transglobal says. imagine there is final port as far as I remeber. and they have few thousands cars, new and used. you will be able to pic up the car from port on Nov 1. or so. taking many cars off the ship takes at least few good bussiness days.

I wait updates for my car too.

#27 · (Edited)
I have my car on same ship too. The ship might get to P H, in 24 25 oct. but droping off off all cars might take up to 5 days. transglobal says. imagine there is final port as far as I remeber. and they have few thousands cars, new and used. you will be able to pic up the car from port on Nov 1. or so. taking many cars off the ship takes at least few good bussiness days.

I wait updates for my car too.
There is a chance that the ship will stop in San Diego before Port Hueneme. I don't think that it will be 5+ sailing days behind the FIDELIO, which has already departed for Tacoma.

In looking at the ports that the CEPHEUS LEADER stopped at in Europe and the amount of time spent at each, I my bet is that it will be in San Diego in the next day, spend 8 hours in port, then sail on to Port Hueneme arriving on the 24th...which would be on-schedule. Keep in mind that it left Bremerhaven 3 days late :thumbdwn:

All of the non-ED cars have it pretty easy...all clear customs on the boat and the VDC can process up to 600 cars per day. ED cars are a completely different story. All have to be inspected and then they clear and move on to the VDC. In the case of my car, it will have its oil pump replaced while there before heading to the dealer.

Fingers crossed for fast customs agent(s) and expedited VDC processing :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.