BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Ordered my '11 X3 35i yesterday! (And question regarding EVP)

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  whispered 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All!

I am a first time BMW buyer and I just ordered a brand new X3 35i. (I have driven a 325i years ago... parent's car.) This will be replacing my 2005 Acura RL. I got the following options for the X3:

Carbon Black Metallic
Black Nevada Leather
Fineline Wave Wood (Darker wood trim)
Convenience Package
Cold Weather Package
Dynamic Handling Package
M Sport Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
BMW Assist with Bluetooth
Logic 7
Smartphone Integration/BMW Apps

So pretty much everything except HUD. (I wear polarized sunglasses so I won't be able to see the HUD half the time!) May slot so it should be done end of May early June. I can't wait. Although I have been reading about a lot of the problems that people have been having, leaky tailgate, bad door seals, hard to close doors, shaky engine, unexpected lurching, etc.... Hopefully those issues have been addressed and/or not that common... :eek:

I do have a question for you guys and its regarding the extended vehicle protection. I drive around 20,000 - 23,000 miles a year. Because of this, I was thinking that the GOLD level 7/100k made sense for me. What do you guys/gals think? I'm just worried because of all the new technology in this car and it being a first generation and all. (On the other hand, my dad did have the first generation X3 and it's still running.... minus a disabled broken moonroof...) How much would I be expected to pay for such a warranty on the X3? I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere.

I can't wait to get the car! I could only test drive a 35i without DHP but I hear that the DHP really makes a *good* difference. Here's hoping that this car will take care of me for the next 7 years! Oh yeah... and this is my first bimmerfest post! Hello World! ;)

SJ.

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the reply! I was wondering, were you planning on getting any extended vehicle protection plan for your X3 when it arrives?

Thanks!
SJ.
No, I'm not going to get it right away. You can buy the plan at any time you own the vehicle (in the first 4 years) down to the last day! I figure I will see if my car is solid during those first 4 years and if it is, I will pass on it, if not, I'll add it on right at the end of the 4 year regular warranty. I plan on keeping the vehicle for a while so it is a concern of mine as well! Hope that helps!

#6 ·
Carbon Black Metallic
Black Nevada Leather
Fineline Wave Wood (Darker wood trim)
Convenience Package
Cold Weather Package
Dynamic Handling Package
M Sport Package
Premium Package
Technology Package
BMW Assist with Bluetooth
Logic 7
Smartphone Integration/BMW Apps
Congratualtions on your new car.

I noticed you ordered both DHP and M-Sport. Did your salesperson confirm that the DHP functions are not included in M-Sport? Was the price of the DHP any different when M-Sport was also ordered?

I've been trying to understand what is included in M-Sport vis a vis the combination of DHP and the Sports Activity Package, and have found the BMW web site a bit confusing.

On the new 5 series, I believe M-Sport includes both DHP and the 5 series equivalent of sports activity, so if you choose M-Sport you don't need to add those others. By logical extension, I would have thought the same would be true in the new X3.

Thanks
Bruce

#8 ·
Bruce,

Thanks for the reply! That's a very good question. I just called my sales rep and he confirmed the following:

ZDH Dynamic Handling Package
223 Dynamic Damper Control
2VG Performance Control
2VL Variable sport steering

ZMP M Sport Package
225 Sport Suspension delete
2A8 19" M light alloy wheels (style
369M)
2TB Sport automatic transmission
2VG Performance Control
337 M Sport Package
3MC High-gloss Roof Rails
481 Sport seats
715 Aerodynamic kit
760 Shadowline exterior trim
775 Anthracite headliner
7XA Sport steering wheel w/paddles

You need the ZDH package in order to get the 223 (DDC) in the car. The Dynamic Handling Package is NOT just the variable sport steering. The Dynamic Handling Package costed $100 less with the M-Sport package. That's probably related to the Performance Control (2VG) option.

Hope this answers your question!

SJ.

#10 ·
Who did you get it from and how much?

#13 ·
whispered: A great deal. The salesman I was working with at BMW NW (not yours) insisted the best deal they've done is $1100 under MSRP! Even zag.com pricing says that they offer $2000 under MSRP. I have not finalized a deal yet, waiting for a production allocation and a PCD date...so maybe there is room to do better before a final deal.

#19 ·
Question for the group. Under the M sport pkg it has 2TB "sport transmission" how does this differ from the regular transmission?

I would have thought it would be the paddle shifters, but they are mentioned as another line item.

#22 ·
Question for the group. Under the M sport pkg it has 2TB "sport transmission" how does this differ from the regular transmission?

I would have thought it would be the paddle shifters, but they are mentioned as another line item.
@ Evlengr -
I'm not 100% sure, but probably 95% sure on this.... On the M-sport X3 models, the way the X3 sends power to the wheels is different than any of the other models.....basically from what I know, the M-sport sends power "maintains a rear wheel drive torgue split for sportier handling and responsiveness". I'm guessing this is done through some sort of electronic transfer and not mechanical transfer b/c it's the same parts...however I'd need to validate that. The above what I wrote is pretty much what I read online at BMWUSA....that the M-sport acts more like rear wheel drive under "normal conditions" but it still has all the X capabilities. If you look at the M-Sport package this is listed as "performance control"

So net net...if you order something with sport package and DHP, the setup will give you a rear bias, but I think with the M-sport it's even more so. It's really hard to tell b/c the website doesn't go into it much, but this is what I'm gathering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.