BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Wheel offset question

18K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  chelseafc 
#1 ·
#4 ·
For 8" in the front a +10mm would be good, for 9" in the rear a +15mm would be good. Those wheels are for a 3 series, or perhaps even an x-drive 5. Look for wheels with the proper offset, spacers are a band aid.

#9 ·
LOL! Thanks guys. Very helpful info. I am trying to stay close to an OEM look but with something that is a little different. I tell you what, I love the Avant Garde 368's but I think that's as extreme as I could go. I even like the F10 351 wheels but I'm sure those would require spacers too. Worse case I am considering the OEM 124's as you can't go wrong with those.
One more question... When I'm looking at these wheels on other's cars I'm seeing this metal dome looking thing in between the wheel and the hub (?). Are these the spacers or hubs? They have numbers embossed on them. I can't tell if they are an actual part of the wheel or a separate piece. And if I decide I want to go with wheels that require spacers what issues would i be facing? Vibration?

#11 ·
Ok, so it turns out that seller has the same 303 replicas with correct offsets for the e60. 19x8; 15mm & 19x9; 25mm. Silly question though, what is everyone's experience with 19's rubbing against their wheel wells (assuming your offset is correct)? Is the main reason wheels rub is because of the wrong offset or is there anything else I need to look at? Sorry for the many questions. I'm no expert with wheels and I want to make sure I get things right before I make a bad purchase/fitment. Thanks.

#13 ·
I haven't considered buying the tires from them Steve. At this point I'm keeping my options open since his asking price really isn't that cheap especially for replicas and I'm not sure of their quality. Which brings up a question for anyone out in Southern California... Anyone have experience with SD Tires out in San Diego?

#15 ·
Newcomer here,

I have an '08 535i RWD Sport

What is an offset? How does one determine offsets? Any good websites explaining it? I tried the link above on an earlier thread and got nowhere. I'm interested in getting 20" Hartge Classic 2; 9x20 in front and 10x20 in the rear? Is it even possible? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

#16 ·
Newcomer here,

I have an '08 535i RWD Sport

What is an offset? How does one determine offsets? Any good websites explaining it? I tried the link above on an earlier thread and got nowhere. I'm interested in getting 20" Hartge Classic 2; 9x20 in front and 10x20 in the rear? Is it even possible? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Yes of course it's possible, it will depend on, of course, the offset of the wheel. Too conservative, you'll hit susp components, too aggressive you'll cut a tire, nascar style. Google search it there will be many resources telling you exactly what offset/backspacing is all about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.