BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

3 series wagon Configurator (including M-Sport) goes live !

9K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  ynguldyn 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
BMW 3 series sport wagon configurator

3 series wagon Configurator (including M-Sport) goes live ! :thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Yeah, I thought the diesel was a delayed production compared to the gasser. But if both start production at the same time, why aren't both options on the configurator?

I'd be all over an F31 335i, even consider the xDrive if they had a 335 TT option. Why do they only offer the touring in the 328??....and why is it only xDrive now??....doesn't make sense to me.
The cost of federalizing a car for the US market us HUGE. Since BMW will sell very few F31s compared to sedans and SUVs, they limit the number of body-style/powertrain/transmission combinations since each one needs to be federalized (crash tested, etc.) Hence we get stuck with what the BMW marketing wonks think they will sell the most of: automatic, 4 cylinder, AWD wagons.

Truthfully, I'm blown away that we will be getting the 328d! On the other hand, wagons in the US seem to be favored by the type of consumer who wants alternate fuel/eco-friendly vehicles. Look at the Prius, the A3 TDI, Jetta Sportwagen TDI, etc.

Do you guys think it is a bit over priced?
I think BMW in general is over-priced. But the F31 seems to be in-line with the rest of the line-up. I'm just grateful I can configure an F31 for right around the $50K mark. Remember, the 3-Series is pretty much the new 5-series now, having grown in size and content. And in taking more of a luxury roll rather than a sport sedan roll.

10 years ago, I got my E46 330i fully loaded for just over $40K. Now I can barely get an entry-level 3er for that...

#10 ·
I'd be all over an F31 335i, even consider the xDrive if they had a 335 TT option. Why do they only offer the touring in the 328??....and why is it only xDrive now??....doesn't make sense to me.

#13 ·
Because there are all of 10 people that would buy the other versions.

#18 ·
As i am waiting to order a 2014 to take advantage of new Nav for an MSport Rear Drive 335I please help me get something straight. Per the above the new nav wont be installed in the 2014's until September production? Can anyone confirm this. I was under the impression that all 2014's beginning with July 2014 would have the new system.

Thanks in advance

#20 ·
Unless the model year switchover is shifted for whatever reason, it happens just before Germany goes on vacation. They make a few of new model year cars, then shut down until the end of August. So, if you have a special order for the earliest available production of MY2014, the car will be built in July (25th-31st, give or take), and you'll get the new nav. But most of July, three weeks or so, will be 2013 production.

#22 ·
No, you can order sooner - as soon as the dealer can take orders for MY2014 (May usually). When you order, you know exactly what model year car you order.

The factory shuts down on August 1, then opens August 26, give or take a couple of days (I just don't remember exactly).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.