BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Which will you pick? 535d xDrive vs. A6 3.0 TDI .

10K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  bayoucity 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I comprehend. I'm seeking opinion from those who will be cross shopping one vs. the other since A6 TDI Quattro is the only rival on the market at this point. I'll reckon if one is making $60k purchase, one will probably set aside their fanboy mentality. :dunno:

#4 ·
I think we already picked. :D

#6 · (Edited)
I debated between the A6 and F10 last year and went with the Bmw for these reasons alone

Better interior
Better exterior (it was close but F10>A6)
Better seats
Better price

Audi's pricing is ridiculous as if their sh1t don't stink approach. Most Audi's dealers act like they are doing you a favor by selling you a car at msrp.

Alan

#7 ·
Better price

Audi's pricing is ridiculous as if their sh1t don't stink approach. Most Audi's dealers act like they are doing you a favor by selling you a car at msrp.

Alan
This...I know that there are many people on this forum that went BMW over Audi because the dealers were unwilling to move on price and their less favorable lease programs...I came from a S4 to my 550, and the main reason I didn't even consider a S6 was I couldn't justify a lease payment that was $400/month more for a car with a similar MSRP.

#9 ·
One thing you have to give it to Audi for is how their MSRP's and sticking to them create an illusionary effect of superiority. For example, so many people here will say "Audi was too expensive" as a leading factor as to why they went F10. Audi being within the VW umbrella does this clearly on purpose to create a higher stigma while BMW and especially Mercedes have to resort to highly incentivizing their marquee cars.

I'm sure most people here would pick the F10 over the A6 if both were priced identically as the F10 is simply a more worthily expensive car inside and out IMO, however I for one would pay $10K more for an F10 over its competing A6 simply because the A6 just doesn't appeal to me as much as the F10 does. Even if an A6 was Leasing for far less than an F10, I still would go F10.

#10 ·
One thing you have to give it to Audi for is how their MSRP's and sticking to them create an illusionary effect of superiority. For example, so many people here will say "Audi was too expensive" as a leading factor as to why they went F10. Audi being within the VW umbrella does this clearly on purpose to create a higher stigma while BMW and especially Mercedes have to resort to highly incentivizing their marquee cars.

I'm sure most people here would pick the F10 over the A6 if both were priced identically as the F10 is simply a more worthily expensive car inside and out IMO, however I for one would pay $10K more for an F10 over its competing A6 simply because the A6 just doesn't appeal to me as much as the F10 does. Even if an A6 was Leasing for far less than an F10, I still would go F10.
Totally agree :thumbup:

#13 ·
Unless Audi has upgraded the seats in the A6 since 2012 then it wouldn't even be under consideration for me. As of last year the only seats available in the A6 were the base model which are ghetto in a $60k car. The look like crap, are hard and flat. Audi makes a nice sport seat but you can't have it in an A6 in the USA. The stock sound system also sucks and the only upgrade is the uber $$$ B&O system.

#16 ·
Unless Audi has upgraded the seats in the A6 since 2012 then it wouldn't even be under consideration for me. As of last year the only seats available in the A6 were the base model which are ghetto in a $60k car. The look like crap, are hard and flat. Audi makes a nice sport seat but you can't have it in an A6 in the USA.
x2. They offer Sport and Comfort seats as a $500 option on the Q5, but not on the A6/7. :mad:

#14 ·
Tough choice, I really like the look of the luxury line F10, but also like the look of the A7.

I think the A7 might win out. More exclusive. I don't see it on every street corner, like the 5 series.

A7 TDI Prestige with all options (19 inch sport pkg and Black Optics, LED headlights), except B&O and rear-side airbag. Moonlight Blue/Nougat Brown interior. $80,495

On a serious note, all these cars are on my list as replacements for my X5 next summer. (Cayenne Diesel, F15 diesel, 535xd, A7 TDI, or even spend a little more 6GC)

#30 ·
BMW has been leading the pack on lease deals for several years now. I think they have enough profit built into the car to cover their strategy. As to the articles referenced above. Yes, they show that BMW had a write down. It must not have hurt them too badly.

#31 ·
Back on a actual discussion anybody knows what diesel engine is better quality, built and better output compare to the weight of the car?0-60 time?thanks

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

#32 ·
Back on a actual discussion anybody knows what diesel engine is better quality, built and better output compare to the weight of the car?0-60 time?thanks

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
D_geek will probably know more about quality & built .

Below are output:

3.0 TDI
Horsepower (@ rpm) - 240 @ 3,500-3,750
Torque (lb-ft @ rpm) - 428 @ 1,750-2,250
Acceleration (0-60 mph) - 5.5 sec.

US 535d xDrive
Output/rpm - 255/4000 hp
Max. torque/rpm - 413/1500 lb-ft
Acceleration 0-60 mph - 5.7 sec.

US 535d
Output/rpm255/4000 hp
Max. torque/rpm413/1500 lb-ft
Acceleration 0-60 mph - 5.8 sec.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.