BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

New Pics of my 745Li!!!

6K views 83 replies 27 participants last post by  745ByMySide 
#1 ·
New pics guys, tell me what you think! I know alot of people don't like full face wheels, but I LOVE THEM and thats all that matters, right? lol!!! So far I put some 22's on it with 285/30's up front and 305/25's in the rear, I changed all emblems to carbon fiber black, smoked my tail lights, and limo tinted the windows. I ordered the strut grille package not to long ago and I'm waiting for it to come in. I also plan to tint the windshield 35% or 20% this week. And for the "conservative look comments" sorry but I'm only 18 so I'm a little more flashy with my car than some of the older e65/e66 owners:D

*BTW the pic with the other 2 cars are 2 of my dads I just had 2 put that pic in because i love the way the 7 looks in it!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
i think its nice but rims , not my style sorry
but also 22's will harm the suspension period wether its lowered or not, be ready to get set of new suspension in like 3 years or so.looking nice

#11 ·
bigger rims in any car = ruining 1 suspension components, control arms, busshings, springs if equipped, transmission and diffrential as well because the vehilcle components is not designed for that big of rotation or that heavy set of rims , thats why big foot trucks have there Diff and suspension modified for this type of big rims that they use , ASK your BMW technician and he will tell you that . car get slower , and harsh on surfaces and by time its not gonna take this holes or bumps as smooth as it suppose to be

#14 ·
nice car bro looks kind of presidential w/ a look at me mixed in....

dont forget BMW came out with 21" stock wheels, so i really dont see a difference from slipping on some 22"s from 21"s and it changing its suspension wear and tear....(this is not a fact just my thinking from what i can put together w/ what i see from BMW) :)

#12 ·
First of all the chances of bending a wheel are the same if the car is lowered or not. It is the lower side wall tire that makes the big wheels bend. There is no horizontal height in the aspect ratio of the tire, so the wheel takes a more of a beating.

As far as bigger wheels damaging suspension, it is not the bigger wheels that do this, it is the weight associated with cheaper cast wheels. Forged aluminium is not only lighter, but stronger than cast, and a good three piece wheel like Asanti, or HRE's are not much heavier than the stock 19"s. My AutoCoutures feel exactly the same as my stocks, and if they are heavier, it isn't by much. Just stay away from the cheap one peice cast garbage and you shouldn't have any issues.

BTW, BMW Tech's will almost always tell you anything that isn't stock will harm your car.

#17 ·
Correction , 21'' wheels BMW stock , B7 , exactly once again its designed for that it has diffrent shaft and diffrential , what other BMW has 21''
correct me if im wrong

#23 ·
Thanks Harjot, but IMO I think full face wheels look best on bigger luxurious cars. You could never go wrong with a nice 5 spoke or multi-spoke wheel setup but when you find the right full face wheel it sets it off best. Thats why I chose those. But, thats my $0.02

#24 ·
Looks like Sunny has Factory OEM 21's on his 7...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229616

Another member that purchased them for his car from the dealer. You can ask any dealer anything about modifying a car and they are going to recommend against it. Its just the way dealers work. I have owned so many modified cars with blowers, lift kits, you name it and dealers have always recommended against it. If you do your research you will see you can do modifications that will not destroy stock parts.

I had the 128's on my 530I and never had a problem in the 2 yrs I had the car. I purchased these 21's from the dealer when I got my 7 in December for a little over $5K with the tires. I have never seen a replica 128 wheel for sale any where.
And as far as the wack ass dodge comment I could care less what you think of the Viper. I currently do not even own a Viper! You are just a HATER that can probably not afford anything else for you car so you try to talk **** about what others do to theirs.

#25 ·
Looks like Sunny has Factory OEM 21's on his 7...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229616

Another member that purchased them for his car from the dealer. You can ask any dealer anything about modifying a car and they are going to recommend against it. Its just the way dealers work. I have owned so many modified cars with blowers, lift kits, you name it and dealers have always recommended against it. If you do your research you will see you can do modifications that will not destroy stock parts.

And as far as the wack ass dodge comment I could care less what you think of the Viper. I currently do not even own a Viper! You are just a HATER that can probably not afford anything else for you car so you try to talk **** about what others do to theirs.
Can you guys make a new thread about fighting eachother over style 128 wheels and not jack this one! WTF!

#26 ·
ok i will ask sunny about that , but Im a grown man I dont need to put 22'' in my car to make it flashy , it is nice with my stock wheel , and i didnt hate , i said in the begining and always been saying if im dropping rims on the car they are going to be AC's. and i won't buy a car that i can't afford adding stuff too , it just a waist of $$ to me , IS the 22 make the car faster , no is it gonna fly no , it just make people look at it which they already do without it , and viper is wack still its not even RT/10 gts wow watch out

#32 ·
yes but do you have 21'' in the car came stock , or you bought them after
and also you did lowered your rear too am i rght?

#36 ·
lol only 18 not a gangster!!! As far as the side pics, I'll try the snap some directly of the side, but this is the best I got for now. I was in the car in this pic and you obviously cant see me lol so yea the tints are pretty dark. Cant wait to tint the windshield!

Attachments

#41 ·
Bro I wouldn't complain if I was you, your car is sick! But, I originally wanted a white one and I had got a crazy offer for the X5 I was driving that I had to sell it. So when I made the decision that I wanted a 7 I basically went to the dealer and before I could drive to their other location 20 miles away to see a white on tan one, I fell in love with this black sapphire on tan Li that was in their showroom. I basically gave him all the money in my pocket lol and went with my dad and just pulled the rest out of my bank account! I was in love and trust me, its pretty hard to cash out one-shot one of these bad boys at the dealer when you're only 18. I'm blessed!

#43 ·
Looks good wees1234. Not my type of wheels though. You like them, so that what counts.

Any reason why you went with 285/30 up front? That's alittle too wide imo. With my 305's, I had to shave the rear fenders.
It fills the wheel well so good and barely rubs. Just very minor rubbing when making slow slight turns. The 305's int the back are perfect. Not too wide and not too small.

#44 ·
Nice wheels.. i remember seeing them before you were going to buy and was iffy on the looks.. they look really nice! Now lower it.. trust me you'll be happy.. H&R's.

Momo- dude! c'mon my friend.. 21's are options on 6 and 7 series.. you've never seen em?? Go to any dealer and the "showroom" 6 or 7 series will have em!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.