BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Selling My 06 760li?! Buying M6

5K views 49 replies 26 participants last post by  Seven11 
#1 ·
So I am selling my 06 760li now. I feel im a little young at 22 to be driving a 760 and its sooo much like my 745. I went with the 760 for speed I guess but realized it's not a racecar. So maybe until im at least 25 probably will not get another 7:( I have yet to determine a price as of yet but car has 56k on it now and 22 months left on cpo and maintenance. I will probably be putting it on ebay within a week or two so if anyone is interested just give me a shout.

#3 ·
I would prob do both....I orig went to buy an aw 645 at the time they were going in the 60's for a cpo one, and it was tuff to find one, then i found my aw 745 sport, sold that and went with the 750. If you dont need rear pass room the 6 is awesome. dont overlook an m5 also awesome.:thumbup:

#4 ·
#5 ·
What is it you do at 22??

#6 ·
Yes come over to the 6er darkside... devilish laugh.. we are waiting for you.. lol

#8 ·
I always find it humorous when kids put their age in the post like it has anything to do with anything other than trying to brag... "I'm twelve and have three Ferrari's...." Don't they realize (by now) that 90% of the reading audience is rolling our eyes at the "puffery"?

Don't humor him by asking what he does for a living at that age to be able to buy the car, you are falling into his trap. Many of these guys are simply trolls...:eek:

#12 ·
you guy are jocking this guy for no reason . he is just saying he is young and that the 7 is to big of a car for him. i just think that ndabunka is hatting. so what the boys got it let him flaunt it. i am sure you were a show off when u were 22 just like everyone here.

#13 ·
you guy are jocking this guy for no reason . he is just saying he is young and that the 7 is to big of a car for him. i just think that ndabunka is hatting. so what the boys got it let him flaunt it. i am sure you were a show off when u were 22 just like everyone here.
^^^ your right. we're not being nice. but i don't think the car was to big, he knew he was getting into a land yacht prior to purchasing as he already had a 745. he's saying the 760 was just too slow :eek:

#17 ·
I always find it humorous when kids put their age in the post like it has anything to do with anything other than trying to brag... "I'm twelve and have three Ferrari's...." Don't they realize (by now) that 90% of the reading audience is rolling our eyes at the "puffery"?

Don't humor him by asking what he does for a living at that age to be able to buy the car, you are falling into his trap. Many of these guys are simply trolls...
THE ONLY REASON I put my age is because I feel like the 7 series is more for the older crowd. I am not saying that it is not a fantastic car or that you have to be old to drive it. I've LOVED my 745 & 760 I've just come to realize that I want a sportier car. So maybe if you actually read my post and understood it you would'nt think I was trying to brag:mad:

#19 ·
I use my car for biz and most of the time i dont need a back seat, but i do occasionally. I also now have the baby so i def need a rear seat. otherwise a 6 is the way to go with a pana roof and sport package.

#20 ·
Wow! I was just intrested in what he did for a living because at 22 i sure as hell didnt drive 7.

#30 · (Edited)
sorry to hear about but enjoy all the toys to the fullest... and when u get your m6 make sure to post pics

btw, my friends love new m6s and m5s... 4 of my friends have m6s and another 5 friends have m5's...

great cars, what else can u say...

500hp high revving V10 with a 7 speed SMG is what god would drive.

and make sure u get the SMG and not the 6 speed manual. that engine was made for that SMG gearbox.

The 6 speed was an after-thought since the US buyers were complaining that there was no manual, so BMW took it out of the e39 m5 and put it into the e60 m5s and m6's :cry:

An M5 or an M6 with a manual 6 speed gearbox is slower... :tsk: like .5 sec in the quarter and you cannot fully disable the traction control... so none of those fancy burnouts or powerslides :mad:

plus an SMG is not automatic (only for insurance purposes its an automatic). its a manual with a hydrolic clutch unit, that basically uses a manual transmission but automates the clutch.

#41 ·
sorry to hear about but enjoy all the toys to the fullest... and when u get your m6 make sure to post pics

btw, my friends love new m6s and m5s... 4 of my friends have m6s and another 5 friends have m5's...

great cars, what else can u say...

500hp high revving V10 with a 7 speed SMG is what god would drive.

and make sure u get the SMG and not the 6 speed manual. that engine was made for that SMG gearbox.

The 6 speed was an after-thought since the US buyers were complaining that there was no manual, so BMW took it out of the e39 m5 and put it into the e60 m5s and m6's :cry:

An M5 or an M6 with a manual 6 speed gearbox is slower... :tsk: like .5 sec in the quarter and you cannot fully disable the traction control... so none of those fancy burnouts or powerslides :mad:

plus an SMG is not automatic (only for insurance purposes its an automatic). its a manual with a hydrolic clutch unit, that basically uses a manual transmission but automates the clutch.
Thanks for the insight I plan on the smg but havent found the color combo I want black with the coral red interior with the carbon trim, the red leather is SICK!! If anyone comes across that color combo please let me know!! AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAD MY BACK YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

#34 · (Edited)
Congratulations on your M6! Interesting - you're going from the 7 to the M6 and my next BMW will likely be an `11 F01. You won't regret the M; it's pure fun! However, be prepared for frequent fuel-ups, keep a supply of Castrol 10w-60 on hand (has to be special ordered), and also expect to spend about $1200 for rear tyres every 15K miles or so.

#35 ·
To those who are amused that he included his age Well, he is 22 years old why would you expect him to not act like one.

#36 ·
I dont understand why the Guys age has anything to do, all hes saying is at 22 a coupe would better suite his needs, at 22 i drove a vette everyday, at 31 my vette sits in the garage. So my advice is get both a sports car and a luxury cruiser. And even better advice is to have 1 nice car and buy a house if you dont already own one. set yourself up, then buy what ever you want to drive.

#47 ·
sometimes the crowd in here is a tough crowd especially since they take things at face value..
i remember buying my 7 and having imediate family members look at me crooked for being younger and having the 7..
although i am young,(early twenties) i never looked at the 7 as big or small. i saw it as being pretty and i wanted it. after i bought it i realised that even with an i it is big(land yacht is fitting) but im use to it now and with the speed and power it is very nimble. I got used to it so much that i have a brand new 7 on its way in several weeks.

having a 7 is a big accomplishment especially if you are younger, and if you earned it then u deserve it.
thats not to say that i dont think there is a couple of guys on here(or kids) that are trolls and dream of having the seven or have a family member with a 7, and pretend that it is theres. I dont think there is anythign wrong with that anyway as long as they are not brining any negativity to the forums.

i however have a problem with real members who have the car but contribute nothing but negativity to the forums.. keep the trolls and get rid of those members.

#48 ·
sometimes the crowd in here is a tough crowd especially since they take things at face value..
i remember buying my 7 and having imediate family members look at me crooked for being younger and having the 7..
although i am young,(early twenties) i never looked at the 7 as big or small. i saw it as being pretty and i wanted it. after i bought it i realised that even with an i it is big(land yacht is fitting) but im use to it now and with the speed and power it is very nimble. I got used to it so much that i have a brand new 7 on its way in several weeks.

having a 7 is a big accomplishment especially if you are younger, and if you earned it then u deserve it.
thats not to say that i dont think there is a couple of guys on here(or kids) that are trolls and dream of having the seven or have a family member with a 7, and pretend that it is theres. I dont think there is anythign wrong with that anyway as long as they are not brining any negativity to the forums.

i however have a problem with real members who have the car but contribute nothing but negativity to the forums.. keep the trolls and get rid of those members.
+1 my man

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.