BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My 2013 X3 got hit on the rear bumper.

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  edbiology 
#1 ·
I was waiting for a red light, got hit by a 18 years old. Though the damage is minor, it still tears my heart apart. Now I just hope the insurance and the repair process won't take super long.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Seems like the other car had it worse, good thing damage is not terrible.

#8 · (Edited)
LUCKY. The repair process is going to be quick! Accident was on Friday, I filed the claim to the other party's insurance. Today ( monday) the agent contacted me and without any problem agreed to cover everything. I went to the assigned shop, and they told me the parts are available for ordering, and my X3 will be ready on Thursday! Car rental company picked me up, and they gave me a Chrysler convertible :thumbup: ( first time driving a convertible, exciting!)

The other party is insured by USAA, which now I think is very professional and efficient. They will also send me a form for applying compensation for diminished value by the accident ( something you need to ask for otherwise they won't mention)

Attachments

#9 ·
Glad it's working out. I'll have to remember that diminished value thing if I ever get rear-ended again !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.