BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

cargo divider?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  SV X3 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 x3. Just got the car....as well as a puppy (not together!), who will eventually grow to 50+ pounds.

We were looking for a cargo divider so he is kept in the trunk/cargo area on road trips. It looks like BMW no longer makes one you can install for the new x3 model.
I did see one also recommend for the travall.us cargo divider. It looks great, as it is more custom to the car instead of going floor to ceiling. However, it ships from UK, so shipping appears crazy.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for cargo divider? Or is the travall worth the cost + high shipping?

Thank you!

#2 ·
German shepherd dogs have been a big part of my family's life.

BMW does offer a cargo net as an option for $180. I would be surprised if this was not available as a dealer installed option. You can view it on "Build your own X3 - options". I have never actually seen one but for $180 - the risk is low. I ordered it on my soon to be delivered X3.

BTW I trained Schutzhund GSDs for sport for many years. Schutzhund GSDs are thousands of dollars. For their safety, I always transported my dogs in a sturdy kennel. A kennel is inexpensive, and will provide superior protection for your dog. Before I purchased my X3, I made sure my 100 lb big male GSD would be comfy generally, and that the X3 would accommodate his kennel.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I did not realize the divider was offered for only $180 as a mfg option. You can purchase the integrated trunk cover/divider through the Dealer. Unfortunately, the costs would be $1,000 overall. A $500 part, but you need to spend another $4000 for labour to add connecting hooks to the trunk ceiling.

#6 ·
Those prices are f'ing outrageous! How can they plainly illustrate the cover/divider in the brochure without any reference to it subsequently being a thousand dollar+ option?
Seems like something that should be standard and I would have loved one. Pretty whack IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.