BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is your RDS working?

8K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  turpiwa 
#1 ·
Can any owners or dealers confirm if RDS is working on their navi-equiped e90? I was hoping to see song title info scrolling by when listening to the radio, or at least have the station names come up on the tuning dial display. Nada!

This is a little frustrating as the example pages shown in the owener's manual is displaying some of my local station names: KLOS, KROQ... All I'm getting is the frequencies.

:dunno:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
slowrider said:
Can any owners or dealers confirm if RDS is working on their navi-equiped e90? I was hoping to see song title info scrolling by when listening to the radio, or at least have the station names come up on the tuning dial display. Nada!

This is a little frustrating as the example pages shown in the owener's manual is displaying some of my local station names: KLOS, KROQ... All I'm getting is the frequencies.

:dunno:
Same here when i first got it i noticed it didn't have RDS and i was shocked. how can bmw not have rds. after i went through the manual it says it has it. if anybody gets any info please post.

#9 ·
gdrym said:
I have the same problem. I took my car in I was told it is a software issue. They said it might be fixed with the next software update. :mad: This is very very frustrating...

George
Don't be frustrated, you should take these things in stride. One of the drawbacks of being the first on your block to have a brand new model BMW and getting all the attention and oohs and ahhs, is that you will be the first to catch some of the bugs as well.

I am waiting a few weeks before I get my BMW, when the early mishaps can be taken care of . No RDS is a very small problem and will be fixed in short order.

#10 ·
RDS on Logic7 system working

My RDS system does not work at all. The current software rev is 16.2. It has not worked since they first updated the software. BMWNA says RDS works on non-Logic7 systems but not on Logic7 systems until software rev 18.2. This has been going on for nearly one year since I purchased the car. BMWNA has been stating each new update will fix the problem. Not so. I'm very frustrated. My next step is moving up the BMWNA customer service foodchain until I get resolution.

#13 ·
will-san said:
Yeah, BMW needs to get their act togeather. I was all gung ho and ordered the Nav/Idrive and then the fine print starts to rear its ugly head. No IPod, No MP3 CD track titles, no RDS. THe I-drive/Nav system should have more of these kinds of features, not less.
Drove a 330i in Cape Town on the 9 May and RDS worked perfectly on I drive equiped E90

#17 ·
redsox1 said:
Does the RDS work with the base radio and NAV?? ..I opted for the base radio and NAV, I did not upgrade to Logic 7. Is this a NAV/I drive issue or just a radio issue??
The issue is with the radio that comes with Nav/iDrive. Logic 7 is irrelevant.

But, to answer your first question, it seems people are saying RDS does NOT currently work properly with e90's that have iDrive.

#21 ·
My dealer today said that RDS has been "phased out" of iDrive because of technical problem. They didn't know whether it would come back later. :(

#25 ·
will-san said:
thats retarded, it's gotta be a software bug. We should try and get an official answer out of BMW.
If anyone can do that, please also ask if there will ever be mp3 functionality! I've heard e90 owners with the CD changer accessory CANNOT play mp3 CDs (contrary to what is advertised). Furthermore, people say that in-dash mp3 capability *might* be able to be corrected through software. If anyone can officially determine whether it is a software issue, or an inherent hardware deficiency with iDrive Professional radio units, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

#26 ·
Bump

Does anybody have an update to this issue? I just returned from my Euro Delivery trip. Drove a 330i with iDrive for two weeks (produced in July) and only got radio station frequencies, no station names. I also drove a rented 320 with the Business version of the iDrive/NAV and station names showed.

Will this be fixed in the upcoming software update?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.