these thread i well show you how to register new battery with INPA or toolset32

and this is just for REGISTERING THE SAME SIZE BATTERY

first with INPA

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·

with toolset32

first go to file then click F3 then select POW_E65.prg

in the second pic double click the command (steuern_batterietausch_registrieren) just ones and you are done .

remember this is for registering the same size battery not for retrofitting another size , if you want to retrofit 90AGM battery you need to register the battery with DIS because DIS well register only 90AGM battery , if you want to retrofit another battery size you have to use NCS expert .

#11 ·
Help me out here? what is this battery thing ( registration ) with what? the car computer ?
So if you take out the battery and say get a sears diehard gold . what happens can someone
explain . will another battery work ( doesn't it just see a 12 volt power supply?

diehard $100
bmw $200

#12 ·
U need AGM battery. It must be registered. Otherwise it wont charge properly. Our cars are very sensitive. If ur battery is low or doesnt get charged properly u will get different errors and faults. Ur car need to know how it needs to charge battery thats why u need to register it. U can go to dealer, INDY, or u can set up bmw tools and do it urself

#17 ·
Who has used a non OEM BMW Battery @ $300? I buy all my batteries from auto zone (warranty = 8 years). I am looking at replacing my 03 745i battery with a Duralast (for my specific year & model = same size!) auto zone battery! I am having my local dealership register it!

#21 · (Edited)
So guys, I just bought a 2004 745Li from a car dealer here in town. He did put a new battery in the car. Now I am getting a fault message, "Dynamic Drive Inactive" about every 3-5 days.
1. He is not a BMW dealer, just used cars. So, he would probably not know about this? If my message is from the battery not being registered, how would go about explaining this procedure to the dealer?
2. Could this be causing my problem with the fault message?
Thanks!

So, took my car back to the dealer, and the tech came out and hook up the machine, found the battery had not been registered! He made the comment, learned something new today! So the battery is registered with the car now. I hope I don't see the "Dynamic Drive Inactive" or any message now!

Regards, Allan

#87 ·
Same problem

So guys, I just bought a 2004 745Li from a car dealer here in town. He did put a new battery in the car. Now I am getting a fault message, "Dynamic Drive Inactive" about every 3-5 days.
1. He is not a BMW dealer, just used cars. So, he would probably not know about this? If my message is from the battery not being registered, how would go about explaining this procedure to the dealer?
2. Could this be causing my problem with the fault message?
Thanks!

So, took my car back to the dealer, and the tech came out and hook up the machine, found the battery had not been registered! He made the comment, learned something new today! So the battery is registered
with the car now. I hope I don't see the "Dynamic Drive Inactive" or any message now!

Regards, Allan
I have the Same problem i WILL take the ver si they can register the battery

#22 ·
registering battery

I have not registered the battery I replaced on my 745i. I found that if you attached another battery ( I used my 325i) to the battery jumping poles under the hood of the 745i. That way the car never lost battery power while I was changing the battery. I bought the battery from NAPA and I have had no problems.

#38 ·
Battery replacement/registration

I have not registered the battery I replaced on my 745i. I found that if you attached another battery ( I used my 325i) to the battery jumping poles under the hood of the 745i. That way the car never lost battery power while I was changing the battery. I bought the battery from NAPA and I have had no problems.
I did the same thing on my 2006 550I. Battery went dead - I jump started and drove to the battery store - we hooked up the memory saver to the cig lighter & hooked jumper cables to jump post under hood - very carefully replaced bad battery - that was over a year ago with no problems.
Question; If you had a good battery but left your lights on and it drained. You charge your good battery - would it be necessary to re-register that good battery? If so why?
** Just curious **

#24 ·
I put an after market batt in and didnt register it now my radio and nav screen is going bezeerk ano my transmission is shifitin hard and my transmission failsafe indicator is coming on when it shifts hard its reading code p1885 solenoid short to ground will the batt cause this

#25 ·
Hey guys,

I usually spend most of my time over on the 6 series site but have a related battery question? I just took my wife's '06 750Li in to an indy for the first time since coming off of the CPO for brakes, fluids, etc. I had them replace the battery ($330) as well as it only had 30% life left. When my wife piced up the car, she noted that none of her radio stations were gone and the seat settings were still there. It seemed like every time we took the car to the dealer, all of these setting were deleted.

My question is if it is possible to change the battery and re-initalize it to the car without losing these settings?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.