vern

#6 ·
Better to say "it is".
cheers
vern

#3 ·
Need a new forum "Shipping News"

#5 ·
I am starting to think the same thing....

Don't worry I'll have a trip report starting tomorrow.

#7 · (Edited)
I think we need to move with the times. Don't get stuck in the past.

My opinion is that we shouldn't make the forum what we want it to be, but rather what members (collectively) want. And if it is predominantly shipping, aren't we doing a disservice not focusing on that largely?

If we're more focused on shipping, that may mean that the popularity of people just picking up and dropping off just for the savings is rising, rather than the longer European vacation where more people shared itineraries, hotels and photos etc.

I have nothing against vern's post, and perhaps it spurs more pics (I'd love that). But I'm also thinking about if there is a big picture shift in where ED's are going. Sort of like how folks now shop a lot at places like Costco and Walmart - not really caring as much about the "how", but mostly about the "what".

#8 ·
Great post.

I've been involved in one of the 'shipping news' discussions; why are these threads so active? We're used to instant updates from the likes of UPS, airlines, credit cards, amazon, etc., even for the smallest transaction. Drop $75k on a car and you expect even more. But no, it's pretty much a black hole, with the singularity being BMW's own VDC. Man do I miss my car...

#9 ·
I also think it means that members are using the search function and the wiki. :thumbup:
There is a mother lode of great information here, and the lack of new posts is indicative of members finding the answers to their questions.
The where's my car is only natural, time in Europe seems to fly by, time waiting for your car to arrive at your dealership seem to be glacial.

One trend that I like is people including maps of their trips, gives me ideas for my next ED.

#10 ·
The benefit of the ship threads is you find common pain with fellow sufferers waiting for their cars. It definitely helps pass the time. And not as many people are doing EDs during the winter months so the itinerary posts are few and far between which also means the compliance and trip report threads are reduced.

And Vern you are just jealous because you are slowly losing that newly ED'd glow. ;)

#12 ·
And not as many people are doing EDs during the winter months so the itinerary posts are few and far between which also means the compliance and trip report threads are reduced.
One smaller reason potentially is the lack of a "halo ED killer model". Going back the last 2 years, around this time, there was the deal on the 750i ActiveHybrids in 2011, and the M3 Convertible in 2010. Deals like that tend to drive (sic) a lot of ED sales - and thus posts.

#11 ·
MonkeyCMonkeyDo;7242920 And Vern you are just jealous because you are slowly losing that newly ED'd glow. ;)[/QUOTE said:
When that happens to ease the pain a LITTLE bit I look at the hundreds of pictures we took and think about the 5th ED we could be taking in the near future.:thumbup:
cheers
vern.

#13 ·
I won't say a word, even though I was thinking the same thing myself. I think it all depends on just where you fit in in the process. Those that just completed ED naturally are curious about where their cars are. Not their fault they are excited. We were at one time to. But that being said, I'd much rather read about itineraries and delivery experiences.

#14 ·
I was also thinking the same thing, though refrained from posting if anyone is on my ship, which, btw: is the AIDA and is about 400 miles away (I can see it from my window now!)

Which is why I can also empathize with the excitement.

I suppose setting up a sub forum under euro delivery would be a good answer... how else will our car's know who they are parked next to on the vessel.

Hopefully moderators take note (and also update vBulletin to the latest version 5)

Oh yeah... anyone on the AIDA? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.