BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

First post — 2011 X5 35d (buying)

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  emh1960 
#1 · (Edited)
I have enjoyed trolling the community the past two months as I narrowed which 35d year to buy, so thank you for all the informative posts!

I placed a down payment on a used 35d this week. Taking delivery on Saturday at the BMW dealer. I declined all $12k of maintenance upsell from the finance manager :rofl:

I will spend $$$$ to upgrade the base sound system. The only other item I wish it had is comfort access, which I may retro-fit. And I can't drive to Tahoe with the 214's so I'll need to pickup an additional set of wheels for snow, along with adding a space saver spare w/piston mount.

Any recommendations or things to look out for or consider with the purchase?

2011 X5 35d
17,000 miles

$46,000

Specs

Platinum Gray Metallic
Black Nevada Leather
Bamboo Trim
Sport Activity Pkg w/Y-Spoke (style 214)
Premium Pkg
Technology Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Rear Climate Pkg
Running Boards
Multi-Contour Seats
Heated Rear Seats
Apps
iPod + USB
Smartphone

See less See more
#4 ·
Too bad you couldn't get them to CPO it...the 6/100 warranty is worth 3500.! Gbut the CPO inspection is worthless)

I assume you've checked for accident history if this is important to you

Enjoy

#15 ·
Hello!
I also purchased an X5 this past week. It's 2011 X5 5.0. The car many of the packages including M Sport Package. The M Sport comes with Sport seats. The only thing I don't like about this car is the seat colors and the fact that it does not have Contour seats. Is there anyway to swap/upgrade seats from MSport seats to possibly Contour seats or Luxury seating package. I called a local BMW service center and they told me that I may run into problems with electrical as the SUV may not have the harnesses necessary to upgrade to luxury or Contour seating package.

Does anyone know of any services who may be able to upgrade the seating on the X5?

Thanks,

#18 ·
I love mine since I drove it off the lot 2 years ago. I have put a lot of miles on it, 52K more highway than city. I just bought the maintenance plan and warranty right before the 50K deadline. Ouch. But I want to keep the car a long time, and do not think I will pile up the miles as fast now that my son is out of college (500 miles away). I have heard that a few unexpected out of pocket repairs could be so expensive, and I just like the security of knowing that I should not have unexpected repairs with the car in the future. I would not buy extended warranty and maintenance till you have to.
The car has been a dream, the only problem I have had is brakes. They were replaced under the original warranty (no cost to me) at 30K.
I love the cold weather package. The only criticism I have of the car is seat comfort. They are a little hard. I also seem to get a lot of neck pain on long trips. I wish I bought the option the salesperson was telling me about that included the seats that 'hug' you a little more. I think that must be the option you have.

#19 ·
The only criticism I have of the car is seat comfort. They are a little hard. I also seem to get a lot of neck pain on long trips. I wish I bought the option the salesperson was telling me about that included the seats that 'hug' you a little more. I think that must be the option you have.
Yes, I do have those seats, and they definitely keep you snug in the seat. Maybe your headrest isn't positioned optimally for your head and neck?

p.s. i ended paying for the extended maintenance and total care warranty. i know the dealer GM, and he gave me a good deal + a write-off because this is a business car. the RFT are covered as well, so i'm happy with the option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.