Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 08-23-2014, 11:28 PM
Runon MD1

Send a message via AIM to Runon MD1
Mein Auto: 335i Sedan
Would You Be Pissed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWatty550 View Post
LOL. Yes, I would be extremely pissed however it is only for a short time. What really pisses me off is that he asked you if you bought the car from us attitude. I see both sides BUT once they ask me that I'm going to another dealer. That statement alone just sits with me the wrong way since I am a BMW snob. LOL. I probably would have replied in an improper manner. It's the little things like this that irritate me the most as it should you as well. If you want to be a real d*ck go to the Service mgr. and give him a piece of your mind. All I can say is WOW!! Good luck with that Chevy Aveo!!
Just who, exactly, is the dick? The person who reports Bitchella to the Service Manager? I don't THINK so!

Dealerships earn a significant amount or percentage of their income from their Service Department, and, as the poster points out, is he likely to return to that dealership to purchase a new car? Why would he?

Owners need to know the good, bad, and ugly. If they are provided with that information and fail to act on it, it's "on them." And to report a crappy attitude hardly makes one a dick.

The contact person is the very life blood of a business entity.

As an aside, people are creatures of habit, so that if Scumgilla pulled the, "You didn't buy it from us" line on him, well...you get the point.

She could have just as easily earned a customer by saying, "I will take care of it," or, "I will call Enterprise to get a better car for you," or, "I am so sorry we're out of loaners today, but please give me your number and I will put one on hold for you, and will call you as soon as one comes in," or "I hope you can understand that we try to have loaners available to all our customers, but sometimes we can't when it's an unscheduled appointment. The next time you come in, please call me in advance if you can, and I will do my best to see that this does not happen again."

Just a few possibilities off the top of my head.

So the guy, even though he might be stuck with the same Enterprise car for the entirety, would at least have the sense that someone at least cares about him, and I suspect would tell an entirely different tale to the Service Manager.

We all feel that we count, and that our patronage is valued.

Is that so very hard to do? Why not that, instead of the service writer lady's nasty, steel balls attitude?

Geez! What a douche she must be! But at least the poster doesn't have to live with her!

BTW, sorry for the duplication of my responses.

Richard

Last edited by Runon MD1; 08-23-2014 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Spacing
Old 08-24-2014, 02:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 550xi
wow...quite amazing. I've said for a long time that dealers give preferential treatment towards their customers that buy from them. Then others including dealers say, paraphrased "that's not the case, it shouldn't have any impact where you bought the car." that's total BS. your purchasing dealer typically will give you a better service experience if you buy from them. Only when you switch to another and dump some bucks on a few cars does that change.

i'd verify the leaks. if the wheels were that damaged, i'd look at other companies with incentives and trade the car. i wouldn't give BMW 4k worth of work to return it on a lease. Someone at that dealership should be working with you.

Walk up to the parts department and see what type of deal you can work on repaired wheels. i'm pretty sure you could find used tires and wheels without getting involved with the dealer. that's nuts--given the massive depreciation of the car. The Wheel Exchange is in Bath, PA IIRC that does good work.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 320i
I had wondered what 7 series owners would get as a rental, now I know... Sucks...

The comment made by the service person was out of line, doesn't matter where you bought the car from, you could have bought it in Atlanta then got transfered to your current location. As long as the car is being brought into the dealership for service it shouldn't matter where you bought it from, I would have made a comment right there to her... I have a friend who had a Audi S4 which had lots of problems, the area rep made the same comment to him, that the lady at the dealership made, doesn't matter where the car is bought.... Audi ended up buying the car back..

Old 08-24-2014, 11:00 AM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell525 View Post
wow...quite amazing. I've said for a long time that dealers give preferential treatment towards their customers that buy from them. Then others including dealers say, paraphrased "that's not the case, it shouldn't have any impact where you bought the car." that's total BS. .
Whats BS is your taking ONE story and deciding this is proof positive of how all dealers will operate.

It has LONG been know that this is dealer dependent and varies widely.

anyone that says otherwise- one way or the other- is talking nonsense.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: 09 335Cabrio zsp/11 335d
IMHO the BMW policy of leaving the issue of loaners up to the dealership is wrong. The high end Japanese cars always have one for you. Not good when the competition takes care of it's clients and BMW doesn't. N4S

Last edited by need4speed; 08-25-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:36 PM
BMW Snow Plow User

Mein Auto: 330ci Convertible 2004
I think it would be OK. It isn't BMW putting a bad transmission that ended you up in a rental. A flat tire is out of BMWs control. If they ran out of loaners I can understand they use them for direct customers, if they even had any left for those.

Having said that, a Ford. I would have left it on the lot and bought a bicycle across the street. I hate Ford.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: '12 X5 35d/E39M5/996TTX50
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
IMHO the BMW policy of leaving the issue of loaners up to the dealership is wrong. The hihg end Japanese cars always have one for you. Not good when the competition takes care of it's clients and BMW doesn't. N4S
100% agree.

The benefit the 'high end Japanese' marques had is that they were able to write Distribution Agreements with their franchisees from the ground up- and include this as a requirement.

BMW has had to beg and plead with long term existing ownership groups... some of whom like to buy cheap cars as 'loaners' but then not be required to provide them as actual loaners. Dealers are abused by "the survey"...they dont want to be abused by customers now complaining about loaners!
Old 08-25-2014, 01:24 PM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by omaralt View Post
the only part that would really piss me off is the attitude about "not buying from us". otherwise be grateful you are getting any car in such short notice.
This is how I feel verbatim. on the other issue posed by Iwantone....I have done many ebay tires, but I cannot recommend a specific seller. You need to put your tire size in ebay motors and see what you can find. You must have 4/32 or more at lease end so you need tires that are almost new. I would suggest no less than 8/32nds of tread or you will run out of sufficient tread. Despite the cost, I am leaning toward recommending you put 4 new BMW approved tires on the car....
Old 08-25-2014, 01:28 PM
East Coast Commuter

Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
Attachment 460031

Tires are here...$299 for four..all between 5/32 and 7/32...hope they last 6 months...

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Great deal, but I suspect you will be below minimum tread and face a lease end charge (or have to replace some of them with another used tire). However, for that price you cannot go wrong.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:51 PM
Make Their Ass Quit!

Mein Auto: 2008 M3
When I have an emergency repair, I call my sales guy and he typically gives me a car off the lot to drive. Our service department only has a limited number of loaners and you can typically only get one if you request it a couple of weeks ahead. Of course, I've leased 4 cars in 6 years from him.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:23 PM

Mein Auto: '05Accord Cpe,'07Wrangler
All done...4 used tires, one trip to wheel collision center in bath, pa and $1200 later, it's done..

If the treads wear out, I know a reliable local source where I can get them for $75 each. I just hope they don't pay close attention to the welds on the cracked rims at lease return...

ED 01/20/2012: 2012 750i ActiveHybrid | Deep Sea Blue with Saddle and Black Nappa leather | Driver Assistance Package

Read my ED Trip report here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=595402

Read about my 2014 Deal of the year here
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=807365
Old 08-25-2014, 07:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantone View Post
All done...4 used tires, one trip to wheel collision center in bath, pa and $1200 later, it's done..

If the treads wear out, I know a reliable local source where I can get them for $75 each. I just hope they don't pay close attention to the welds on the cracked rims at lease return...

I don't understand why you would put used tires on your 7 series....

Old 08-25-2014, 07:54 PM

Because the lease is up in 5 months.

ED 01/20/2012: 2012 750i ActiveHybrid | Deep Sea Blue with Saddle and Black Nappa leather | Driver Assistance Package

Read my ED Trip report here http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=595402

Old 08-25-2014, 08:00 PM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by quackbury View Post
I don't get this at all. You were having one tire replaced. Maybe an hour job. You could have waited for the car, drank their Starbucks coffee, and used their WiFi. Or you could have taken the car to an independent tire shop and waited, and drank their crappy coffee and used their slower WiFi. If you didn't want to wait for the car, you probably could have had the BMW Dealership's Valet / Shuttle take you to work and pick you up at the end of the day. But you insisted on a rental car for a 1 hour repair that you didn't book in advance.

Are you saying that every BMW dealership should have an expanded fleet of BMW loaners for last minute repair customers? Or that they somehow dissed you by not locating an Enterprise with an Escalade sitting idly on the lot? All for a repair with a limited profit margin on one tire and 1 hour of labor? Spend $80 on a rental for a repair that maybe drops $250 to their bottom line?

I have a hard time making a business case for that type of largesse. Sounds like something Congress would do.
+1

Have to agree 110% here. Love the sense of entitlement. Yes, the dealer was kind of douchey to ask if you bought the car there, but so what if they gave you a Ford? You were in to have a tire mounted. You came in last minute and they gave you a car so you weren't stranded or stuck taking a taxi or bumming a ride from someone.

Former: 2013 335i xDrive Sedan -- 2011 335i xDrive Coupe -- 2009 MCS JCW -- 2006 MZ4 -- 2002 325i -- 1997 318ti -- 1991 318i
Old 08-25-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
+1

Have to agree 110% here. Love the sense of entitlement. Yes, the dealer was kind of douchey to ask if you bought the car there, but so what if they gave you a Ford? You were in to have a tire mounted. You came in last minute and they gave you a car so you weren't stranded or stuck taking a taxi or bumming a ride from someone.

Well, any reason I shouldn't feel entitled?? I've spent a lot of money to lease my car from BMW. It's all part of the package. The car, the 50k mile maintenance, the loaner, the customer service, etc. I am paying for these. Even though some are not specifically called out in the agreement. I didn't say "you HAVE to give" me a 5 series or a 7 series, not even a BMW. I said "give me something decent" even if it's not a BMW. YES I do feel entitled to that.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 550xi
[QUOTE]Whats BS is your taking ONE story and deciding this is proof positive of how all dealers will operate.

anyone that says otherwise- one way or the other- is talking nonsen/QUOTE]

Yes ARD, you are so perfectly correct in your opinion. However this is an example, not theoretical of how a dealer treats a customer. Proof that this activity exists. Well at least in this instance. Enjoy!

Last edited by schnell525; 08-26-2014 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
[QUOTE=schnell525;8549675][QUOTE]Whats BS is your taking ONE story and deciding this is proof positive of how all dealers will operate.

+1 its been known that BMW Dealers do not have to give you a loaner whether its a BMW or another make, its a curtsey. Whats the big deal. stop whinning.
cheers
vern
PS The people that are doing the whinning have been long time members on bimmerfest and I'm sure they read some where on the forum that dealers donot have to give loaners.
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats

Last edited by vern; 08-26-2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Loving my d

Mein Auto: E350 & 2011 335d
[QUOTE=vern;8550823][QUOTE=schnell525;8549675]
Quote:
Whats BS is your taking ONE story and deciding this is proof positive of how all dealers will operate.

+1 its been known that BMW Dealers do not have to give you a loaner whether its a BMW or another make, its a curtsey. Whats the big deal. stop whinning.
cheers
vern
PS The people that are doing the whinning have been long time members on bimmerfest and I'm sure they read some where on the forum that dealers donot have to give loaners.
While I agree that BMW does not require loaners, I am curious to know if you (and well anyone actually) believe that a BMW dealership that didn't provide loaners would be able to stay in business at all. Well, at least one with any competition of course. I can say that I wouldn't go there for service assuming I have other options. From that probably sales as well as it would make me feel that if they cheap out on this they would do the same on everything else, even if it was not true.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
[QUOTE=ddeliber;8551100][QUOTE=vern;8550823]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell525 View Post

While I agree that BMW does not require loaners, I am curious to know if you (and well anyone actually) believe that a BMW dealership that didn't provide loaners would be able to stay in business at all. Well, at least one with any competition of course. I can say that I wouldn't go there for service assuming I have other options. From that probably sales as well as it would make me feel that if they cheap out on this they would do the same on everything else, even if it was not true.
Your right BUT the OP had a hour or two before his problem whould have been solved. Do you really think that warrants a loaner ? Give me a break. I can't speak for other dealers but my dealer, JMK BMW calls a service of a hour or two, fast service. They don't give you a loaner for that amount of time and they have a fleet of " BMW " loaners of 250+ all models.
cheers
vern
2012 335iA Blk. Sapphire- Sport-Blk. Dakota Leather/Red-Brushed Alum.Trim-DAP-PP-CWP Rear View Camera-BMW Asst w/Enhanced BT&USB-High Gloss Blk.Trim Hghight-PSP-Speed Limit Info-Tech. Pkg-PDC-Rear Manual Sun Shades-SAT-Variable Sport Steering-Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats-Euro Del 5/14/12-Redelivery 7/16/12 2006 X3 3.0iA 4/6 Silver Gray Metallic-Black Leather-Nav-PP-SP-Xenon Headlights-PDC-Heated Front Seats-Privacy Glass-Servotronic Steering-Premium Sound System-R R R- Wheel Locks- Rubber Mats
Old 08-27-2014, 09:59 AM

[QUOTE=vern;8552212][QUOTE=ddeliber;8551100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Your right BUT the OP had a hour or two before his problem whould have been solved. Do you really think that warrants a loaner ? Give me a break. I can't speak for other dealers but my dealer, JMK BMW calls a service of a hour or two, fast service. They don't give you a loaner for that amount of time and they have a fleet of " BMW " loaners of 250+ all models.
cheers
vern
I don't think you read through the whole thread (i wouldn't either), but I had other work to be done..it was the flat that got me into the dealer though...If i could get my car back from them in a couple of hours, i would've done that in a heartbeat..