BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Clock shows _ _ AM _ _ cant reset the time.

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  vamcman 
#1 ·
2004 330ci

Since I removed the negative battery post my clock doesn't work and I cant reset it. According to the manual you push in on the right hand button and that makes the time flash on the radio. All it does though is switch back and forth on the display from F to C for temperature. The radio shows : __ __AM __ __. Turning the dial doesn't do a anything. Is this a permanent thing? Any fixes out there?

#2 ·
1. Turn the key to Position 2

2. Toggle the OBD button until the TIME is on the display (radio off/time displayed)

3. NOW adjust the post on the right side of your dash

#4 ·
Familiar with the term "RTFM" ? :p

Look at the top of this page, click on the "view the E46 Wiki" link....along with a ton of other informative info, you`ll find a link to the Owner`s Manual, which will tell you handy things about your vehicle`s operation....

(PS....it`s the button on the end of the turn signal stalk....)

#5 ·
Thanks man!!! Got it working! Took me a bit because I didn't see the "PS" at the bottom of your reply about the button on the turn signal stalk.

Here's what I did:

Clock settings...

Here's how:

On your signal stalk (left side), see the "BC" button?

Push this BC button repeatedly, and you will notice the display inside your dash go from:

Time-Temperature-MPG-Range-Ave speed-(and back to)Time.

Notice there're also 2 buttons (stalks) sticking out from your dash.

ONLY while the display is showing the TIME (not anything else), TURN and HOLD the right button inside the dash. You will find that the time will adjust on both your dash and your radio display. It will move faster as you keep holding on.

You may also switch from 24hr format to AM/PM format by pushing the right button instead of turning it.

#6 ·
Thanks man!!! Got it working! Took me a bit because I didn't see the "PS" at the bottom of your reply about the button on the turn signal stalk.

Here's what I did:

Clock settings...

Here's how:

On your signal stalk (left side), see the "BC" button?

Push this BC button repeatedly, and you will notice the display inside your dash go from:

Time-Temperature-MPG-Range-Ave speed-(and back to)Time.

Notice there're also 2 buttons (stalks) sticking out from your dash.

ONLY while the display is showing the TIME (not anything else), TURN and HOLD the right button inside the dash. You will find that the time will adjust on both your dash and your radio display. It will move faster as you keep holding on.

You may also switch from 24hr format to AM/PM format by pushing the right button instead of turning it.
:clap: Step up to the head of the class, my boy ! :thumbup:

#7 ·
Clock Setting

Just read this thread and set the clock on my wife's 04 330ci back to EST. I had RTFM and nowhere did it say anything about how to get the time displayed on the dash.We have both the owners manual and the radio manual. I seldom drive the car and was unfamilar with the OBD function so reading the manuals was worthless. It would have been simple if the Germans had just referenced the OBD. So much for RTFM.

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.