BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

144 HR Compliance

888 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  dkreidel 
#1 · (Edited)
An amazing trip to pick up the 3-Series wagon:

TOP 10 TIPS FOR THE TRIP:

1. Make sure you call ahead to find out when they are giving English speaking tours at the BMW factory and how that jives with your pick-up time and travel. We wanted to partake, but had to pass in order to make it to Salzburg in time

2. Stay at the Hotel Astor in Munich not for the room or the location, but simply the most amazing all you can eat breakfast on the planet. The best breakfast I've ever had in my life.

3. Forget those small passport holders. Make sure you get one that can hold your passports AND the documents BMW hands off to you. Treat them like gold, unlike me who lost them for a moment at a rest station on the Autobahn.

4. Drive it like you stole it on the Autobahn

5. Old town district of Salzburg. Amazing. Bring plenty of Euro and go big.

6. If you used to smoke or have recently quit, do not plan on not smoking while in Austria. The temptation is too much and the quality of the merchandise is too high.

7. Learn to order simple things like goulash and beer in German. At least try. You'll get more respect and better service in some spots.

8. If you want to put your marriage to the fullest test known to mankind, hit up Vienna for the first time at dusk and try to navigate to your hotel using only paper maps. Vienna has the most insane traffic patterns and street names that makes driving in downtown NYC look like child's play.

9. Use to rails as much as you can in Vienna. Get the 2 day pass for $10 Euro and go wild

10. Leave your blackberry at home and go au natural to Europe. You'll enjoy it more ( I did ) and you'll feel like you can really enjoy life....and your new car.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats on the new ride! Liked the top ten. For future reference, it is the 12-hour rule, not the 12 hours squared rule. :angel:

#3 ·
I appreciate the post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.