BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

air leak

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jaguar_wsc 
#1 ·
I developed an air leak underneath the intake manifold. Its causing the idle to surge and the car runs very rough. I was wondering if anyone has a engine diagram. That would be much appreciated. The piece that I believe has an air leak look like a fuel filter. Any ideas??? Thanks for any help.

#3 ·
are u certain its not the intake manifold gasket itself that is leaking? also... if u stick your hand up underneath the intake plenum, stick ur finger on the lip (vent) on the black ccv and see if the engine smooths itself out. if it does, replace ur ccv. (glorified pcv valve) if its not the ccv, and u say it looks like a fuel filter, it may be the idle control valve. im not sure of a way to test to see if its bad or not... but if u cant find an air leak anywhere else (check all lines and throttle body boot) replace that first as its probably the cheapest part to replace in the mix there.

also... is your cel on? (check engine light) if it comes on what codes does it read?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.