Status
Not open for further replies.

free on line PDF factory service manual E46

164K views 42 replies 21 participants last post by  cvx5832 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to get one?

Thanks

#2 ·
It`s called a Bentley Manual....it`s about 3 inches thick, and found on eBay and elsewhere....no freebies....

#3 ·
It's not bad deal to just buy the book. You will save that money back when working with your car.

Even second hand will do as long as all pages are still with it.

There can be DIY advice about most things but book is still handy when you're in garage and your car is in pieces and you wonder what to do next.

#11 ·
I assume you realize that the Bentley manual is copyrighted and copying it for the use of anyone but the purchaser is illegal. I suspect the site moderators do not want to get into legal rouble for promoting an illegal distribution of a document. That is most likely why the links are killed whenever posted.

#12 · (Edited)
This post has been deleted
#15 ·
I've seen the oft passed around "ebahn" pdf version, and although its perfectly usable, it appears to have been an electronic printout direct to PDF and contains print headers which throws the pages off because it makes the pages longer than they originally are causing page-breaks across multiple pages. Irritating, but again, usable.

What I'm curious about is obtaining whatever source that a few members here that appear to be pages of actual BMW service instructions as those are the most comprehensive and detailed leave the Bentley manuals "wanting" at times. There is a "BMW AG - TIS" Copyright notice on the bottom of each page. I've attached a sample I used to assist me in replacing my ET.

Attachments

#22 ·
There is no mention of its current version; only that it covers BMWs from 1982 to 2007. Toll-free technical support is available. All for $15 or Make Offer.

Although I would prefer to have the latest version, I'm not sure something like this would be "upgradeable" as new updates are released by BMW. But I also don't think that there will be significant changes to repair procedures for my 13-year old 2003. There may be recalls that may not be covered (such as the recent passenger air bag recall), but I highly doubt I will ever need to muck about with components replaced through recall.

Besides, I only intend to keep my car for no longer than 2 or 3 more years while I finish college so having the Bentley and TIS instructions helps for most of my DIY repairs, of which the only outstanding on my To-Do list are: replace driver's side tie rod boot; replace/repair SBK positive battery cable; repair/replace driver's side belt tensioner circuit; repair/replace steering wheel airbag; and when I reach past 100k, water pump and pulley replacement. I may someday look at a ZHP E46, but more likely a E9x 330i/335i or E6x/F1x if I ever decide on another BMW.

#32 ·
I didn't mind paying for my Bentley, they help me out a lot already so I'm okay with supporting them. Although I guess if you buy it off of someone else you aren't really supporting them so moral gray area maybe??

My unpopular opinion is I love my Haynes manual although that might be because I've been using nothing but Haynes since I did my first oil change 10 years ago.

#39 ·
Edumacashun

Please forgive my ignorance. I do agree that more education is definitely good amongst the living, once that stops so does life.
I am in a quandry as to what or where the "entire thread " is or how to thread on down the road . For us that dont git much teachin please help. Thankyou

#40 ·
Please forgive my ignorance. I do agree that more education is definitely good amongst the living, once that stops so does life.
I am in a quandry as to what or where the "entire thread " is or how to thread on down the road . For us that dont git much teachin please help. Thankyou
You are currently at Post # 39 in this thread....it begins at Post #1. It`s a pretty quick read, that`s how you learn :thumbup:

#42 ·
325ci e46

I replaced fuel filter, fittings, hoses, vacuum hoses (Where to connect each correctly) fuel pump cleaned injectors put in new orings air filter, oil filter, added seafoam to gastank and thw car ran great for two days now its stalling out, thw rpms drop and i have to continue with gas to jeep it from dying. It starts fine then dies out

#43 ·
I replaced fuel filter, fittings, hoses, vacuum hoses (Where to connect each correctly) fuel pump cleaned injectors put in new orings air filter, oil filter, added seafoam to gastank and thw car ran great for two days now its stalling out, thw rpms drop and i have to continue with gas to jeep it from dying. It starts fine then dies out
Start a new thread. I doubt you'll get much traction in a totally unrelated thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.