M color stitching shifter and e-brake boot with ZHP knob and euro tray

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  asnpcwiz 
#1 · (Edited)
looks good so far.....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
LeatherZ does great work!!!

I'm contemplating wiring the knob for illumination.

#3 ·
boy, I guess not a lot of folks dig this combo!:D

#6 ·
call LeatherZ and they will hook you up!

you have to get the shiftknob from BMW parts.

#8 ·
I searched for this knob a couple of months ago when I got my 06 M3 and everytime I ordered it, Bmw sent the knob that replaced it. I had to catalog the part number and then check with BMW dealers that have that specific number in stock. I even tried to order through a german dealer when I was there and they gave me the knob that replaced this discontinued part. Some dealer in the states still has it in stock though. BTW it is so much better than the stock M3 knob and nearly an inch shorter.

#10 ·
I have to pop out the wiring on the old knob and it can be illuminated.

And yes, there might be a Porsche in the future....for the wife.

I'm on financial probation for a while.....

#11 ·
I opted for the black on black alacantara from Leatherz and a silver shift knob...it matches the brushed aluminum trim pretty well. It's a bit heavy...I'm looking at a SSK so I weighed the OEM knob and silver one: OEM is 4.0-4.6 oz (knob and boot are integrated so it's difficult to just measure the knob without ripping it apart) and the silver one is 7.8 oz. Hopefully that won't be too heavy.

Attachments

#12 ·
patton03m3 said:
I opted for the black on black alacantara from Leatherz and a silver shift knob...it matches the brushed aluminum trim pretty well. It's a bit heavy...I'm looking at a SSK so I weighed the OEM knob and silver one: OEM is 4.0-4.6 oz (knob and boot are integrated so it's difficult to just measure the knob without ripping it apart) and the silver one is 7.8 oz. Hopefully that won't be too heavy.
Is that knob any shorter at all then the stock knob... does the extra weight change the feel of the OEM Shifter?? Thanks!

#13 ·
flyboy66 said:
Is that knob any shorter at all then the stock knob... does the extra weight change the feel of the OEM Shifter?? Thanks!
Yeah, it's about 1/2 inch shorter when installed. It gets colder than the OEM knob on cold days. :) It's a full metal knob (outer shell anyway) vs. a leather wrapped softer one, so the feel does change a bit; I don't like the OEM shifter mechanism anyway so I'm trying to change that with an SSK. Researching that right now.

#16 ·
AndyM said:
Anyone mind if I use some of the pics from this thread on our site?
Hey Andy, I know...I need to get some better res pics that I promised you. :( The one above is not really focused - I didn't have much time to get it done right. I'll get some this weekend, honest. :) BTW, the boots are fantastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.