BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

BMW Floor Mats vs: Weather Tech

45K views 77 replies 33 participants last post by  Wags 
#1 ·
We have some money coming to us from the dealer. We are huge fans of weather tech floor mats but thought maybe we'd try the BMW floor mats, black with red trim. We have the sport line so it matches. How do the BMW mats compare to the Weather Tech mats? Thanks :)

#2 ·
I've always used BMW OEM rubber floor mats in all of my BMW's and they all fit very well and do the job they were intended to do. Today I put in the BMW OEM F30 Sport rubber floor mats in and believe me they fit 100%+ better than any other floor mats I've used. They're made that the side edges tip up a little bit to help contain the dirt and water. The mats are just great and the best part of it they were a gift from JMK BMW:thumbup:
cheers
vern

#3 ·
I'm in the same dilemma. I noticed that the weather tech might cover the rear hump. This will be my deciding factor even though I would like the BMW logo on the OEM ones.

#56 ·
Did you get BMW logos on the original floor mats in your 2013 F30? I did not, even though my 2009 E90 floor mats had logos. Sales rep says they don't do logos anymore. Is that right for everyone?

#4 ·
My only gripe with bmw rubber matts is the rubber turns crappy looking after 1 yr. Especially the black ones. I have wt and factory bmw ones.

#8 ·
Sorry the OEM black rubber mats in my 2006 X3,6 years old look like the first day I used them. Sure they get dirty but when you wash them they look great, they don't look gray. All of the OEM mats that were black always cleaned up like they were new thats why I keep going back to them when I get a new BMW and usually there a gift from JMK BMW.
cheers
vern

#6 ·
We've always used WT. They are made separately but wear really well, they are durable and last. No black with red stripe however.

#7 ·
I thought I read somewhere that WeatherTech makes the BMW mats. I also have them and agree that they look like sh*t within no time after installing - kind of white/gray.

#13 ·
I think you want them to be separate so you can take them out individually and clean them particularly if there is water on the bottom or snow or dirt.

#11 ·
The Weathertech labels fall off pretty quick, if you're attached to those. :)

I like how WT digital mats go up high on the sides, cause it's easy to touch the side felt with a muddy foot with traditional flat mats.

#14 ·
I'm currently using the OEM rubber mats (plain black rubber, not the sport version) and have never been thrilled with the fit...there is always stuff under the mats when I am vacuuming...

We are now moving to Chicago and i just purchased the Weathertech mats today (can't wait to try them on) as they tend to cover more area and create a nice container for anything you might track into the car...

Anyone in SoCal interested in 5 mo. old OEM black rubber mats? Ha!

#15 ·
The BMW rubber floor at are manufactured by Weathertech.

#30 · (Edited)
I have the BMW floor liners, the lips wrapping up the sides were important to me. After two months they still look great. From the pictures they seem comparable to the weather tech digi mats, anyway no issues with discoloration or anything like that. Btw I ordered the BMW ones instead of the weathertech ones only because they came out first. Have a weathertech trunk liner and it is great too.

#18 ·
Do dealers generally give out floor mats for free or do you have to ask them for it?
Or do you generally have to just buy them yourself?

#23 ·

For those who have older E90 style mats, be advised that the F30 all-weather mats have a tight-fitting "lip" which hugs the carpet quite tightly and firmly. This creates a place for ice and water to collect and evaporate without any damage to the surrounding carpet like the older mats did.

Regarding discoloration, as others have pointed out all that needs be done is removing the mats and rubbing with a soapy sponge and they look factory-fresh. Truth be told, with my kids and their activities, I remove the carpeted mats and go with the all-weather mats all year long. They look great and they are very protective, the new F30 design even moreso.

BJ

#39 ·
I have OEM mats in both my cars and they hold up very well. In the MY 2006 X3 since new and don't show any signs of wear. There in from Nov.- April every year Always went with OEM in all the BMW's I've own and were always free from the dealer. Good luck
cheers
vern

#40 ·
i have WT digital fit liners front & back (back is 2-piece, not 1-piece that goes over the hump) and the cargo liner

fronts are okay, but kinda short, wish they were a little longer at the base.. but where your feet go, its good.. you'll still get crap on the carpet, so you have to take em out from time to time and clean up the area.. still better than weather mats imo

backs are nice, nothing to write home about.. they fit perfectly

cargo liner fits snug.. only draw back i found is that since i actually use that little storage compartment underneath.. so it's a PITA to keep lifting up the liner every time i need to access it.. if you don't use that storage, you won't have much problems.. it's nice although a bit pricey

i tried to have the stealership throw in some free mats upon delivery, but they told me that they didn't have any at the moment.. i probably would've ended up buying liners over mats anyway

#41 ·
I second this...I upgraded to the WeatherTech mats in front and they are a nice "deep dish" design but could extend further up the firewall. I am moving to Chicago from SoCal so I wanted something that would catch the mud/snow/salt/etc... during the winters and they should do better than the OEM rubber mats (I had these too). One thing I noticed is that the Weathertech mats feel like they may have changed the rubber material to be a little softer than previous versions I've had. I had the WT mats on a previous car and the material was harder and my feet tended to slide around on them compared to the new ones. Needless to say, I'm happy with the purchase.

#42 ·
WT is the best. Stock weather mats suck. WT is expensive and I'm not a fan of the owner sticking his mug on every WT ad in the car mags but their stuff is the best.

They won't wear out, fade, and with the big lip all the slush stays put.

#48 ·
Love my BMW all weather mats!

#50 ·
Weather tech matts are great. I love them. Had it for front seats, back seats, and trunk. For my new ride i will be getting it for my trunk. They are easier to clean then regular matts. Yea they dont have BMW logo, but meh, when driving i am not looking at my feet - hopefully you aren't either

#51 ·
Are the All-Weather floor mats (not the liners) any better than the ones I have in my E90? They are always out of place & look awful...!

#52 ·
I bought the BMW OEM floor liners and they come with the Velcro disk. The driver side already had the disks so I just added them to the passenger side. They look great with the Xdrive logo and stay in place.

#62 ·
OEM Carpeted Mats (standard on F30). I was told by the sales rep those were no longer available with the logo. Is this true?

#63 ·
To be honest, I haven't looked at my carpeted mats since I took delivery, I use the rubber all-weather mats all year long. Winter use is obvious, but my spring is full of muddy baseball cleats, my summer is full of sandy beach sandals, and my fall is full of dusty soccer kicks.

I have them in plastic in my garage, I'll check tonight.

BJ

#65 ·
If that's the case, would someone please take a picture of their mats in their car and post it here showing that? Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.