BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

M3 keeps jerking

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Project330i 
#1 ·
whats up guys, well heres my problem, I got rear ended a few months back n havnt gotten the check to fix my car yet, i might end up selling but that's another topic, anyway my car wasn't rear ended that bad, but my exhaust is pushed in, for maybe 2 weeks the car was driving just fine but then it ran out of gas on me because my needle got stuck, ever since that day my car has slowly been jerking whenever i'm driving it all the way from 1st to 6th gear. it's not soo bad to the point where it can't be driven but i try not to use it much. i was told a possible sensor that got damaged in the exhaust could be giving bad back pressure readings? dirty fuel injectors? i put in a bottle of techron in it with a full tank, it fixed the problem after a hour of driving it only for the day. umm i'm not too sure, anyone got any other simple suggestions?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Who's M3?
Never mind...

#6 ·
if you got rear ended, isn't it the other person's fault? Didn't you get a police report and report it to their insurance company?

I don't understand...

#7 ·
if you got rear ended, isn't it the other person's fault? Didn't you get a police report and report it to their insurance company?

I don't understand...
i did report it to the insurance company, they put me at 50% at fault, so they're only giving me about $3,200. i'm thinking about going to court for it but who has time nowadays for that. the insurance company said the police report didn't have enough details to put only 1 person at fault therefore it's 50% at fault for both of us. and if you're wondering why don't my insurance company cover it, it's because i only had liability at the time, and if u wonder why i only had liability its because i used to live in nc and it was only 160 for full coverage and now live in ny so it would of been 350... =/ (a month)

#11 ·
did your battery cable detonate? I got rear ended and had to jerry rig it to get it home... I'm thinking maybe it didn't fully detonate (highly unlikely this is even possible) I have the same type of damage on my zhp... I got quoted about $1500-$2200 if I bring them a new OEM bumper) to fix... if your insurance gives you $3200... take it... its more than enough for a nice bumper and exhaust (period)

#13 ·
No matter how small the damage was you need to get a check up .. plus youre exhaust got hit leads to youre oxygen sensor, exhaust manifold all the way to the engine damage hopefully not to the extent .. but looking at the picture youre exhaust pretty damaged and that probably causing back preasure problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.