BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

RPM Drop and engine bogging HELP!!!

974 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  maa2003 
#1 · (Edited)
I am having a problem with my 2003 325i bogging down.

Hi all, new to the site and new to the BMW owner's family. My car seems to make this deep roar out the muffler at about 40 - 45 mph and the rpm gauge drops as it does this. The noise is loudest at this speed, but does it at any speed as long as I have the gas pedal at a steady speed. This is usually in the small town I live in and on the highway. I am going to attempt to try and post a video of this happening. Note, I just had it in the shop for this and they could not tell me anything. Instead they told me my MAF sensor was bad and my fan clutch was locked up. I replaced both of these and still having the same issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using bimmer app

http://s54.beta.photobucket.com/user/maa752006/media/BMW/BMW_RPM_Drop.mp4.html

#6 ·
I understand that and with next check I will. But the problem still exist, even with the oem MAF. Do you think it might be a vacuum leak still? I'm grasping at straws so to speak. I don't want to pour a lot of money on changing parts to fix it unless the parts are the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.