BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Farewell

8K views 67 replies 20 participants last post by  E92-Lighting 
#1 ·
..sorta....
Just placed a order for an F30 :D

335i M-Sport
Estoril Blue/Black 'ette/ aluminum hex/ estoril blue finishers
6MT, Dynamic Handling, Tech package, Heated seats, PDC, rearview cam.

very excited to be getting an extra pedal and RWD. its actually the best news this week-- I'm technically still homeless as both my apt and office are still without power...

still will be floating around for quite a while though:)

#2 ·
Should be a nice ride really.
I can relate to what you are going through living on the coast in Florida. However not having heat is never an issue here and the population density isn't a typical issue either both which make things getting back to normal difficult for a long time to come...

#5 ·
Sorry to see you defect, but it is the natural progression. Please look in on us occasionally and lend your wisdom.

BTW: Living here in a hurricane prone metropolis, I understand and sympathize. I'm out in the 'burbs, but had a lot of friends who went through 4-6 weeks of no power with Tropical Storm Allison 2001 (the one that just wouldn't go away) and Hurricane Ike (2008). In our 'connected' age, being without electricity is almost worse than being without running water. Good luck and stay in touch.

#6 ·
Congratulations on your forthcoming upgrade. You will missed here Big O although I wouldn't be surprised if you made the occasional guest appearance.

Here's to a quick resolution of your forced downtime. :drink:

#9 ·
Congratulations on your forthcoming upgrade. You will missed here Big O although I wouldn't be surprised if you made the occasional guest appearance.

Here's to a quick resolution of your forced downtime. :drink:
+1. No power is a rather sucky experience. I went through a no power experience for about 5 days a number of years ago (major screw-up by PG&E; cost them a rate increase). The first day was a novelty. After that, it was when the f*ck are they going to get the power back on?!

#10 · (Edited)
What, you're giving up the Daihatsu? There goes respect right out the window! Oh well, pics or it didn't...
Sorry to hear you're still without electricity, but apparently not without a terminal, so you're only on the razor's edge of barbarism. I have to agree with Kat. Without water you're just thirsty, eventually smelly, and perhaps facing your slow demise. Without electricity there's no ice for the Scotch.

#11 ·
i'm holed up in middlesex county in NJ, the other night the county was under a boil water advisory, so there was no ice for my scotch.

until the cell sites lost power in lower manhattan, i was still online by way of three laptops and alot of extended batteries. sadly the daihatsu was floated into the brooklyn battery tunnel. my manservant donned scuba gear to retrieve it, i have him drying it with a folding fan.

the 83 million gallon torrent that washed my daihatsu away, as i watched in horror:

Attachments

#12 ·
Say it aint so....I just returned to the E90 community and have always enjoyed your contributions.
Remain safe out there...

#14 ·
Oh no! Congratulations on the other hand! :thumbup: I'm sure E9X festers can pop in for advice once in a while for your unparalleled knowledge and advice?
:bawling:

#17 ·
Congrats on your new car! I love Estoril Blue II and you're pretty close to how I'd configure an F30 335i except that I'm partial to leather. Buying my Z4 M hasn't stopped me from hanging out in the E9x forum from time to time and I even hung out in the F30 forum for awhile earlier this year.

#18 ·
Congrats on the car. Your technical input is always interesting, accurate, and much appreciated! Hopefully it will continue to benefit 'Fest members. Perhaps just a bit less in this forum and more in the other.

Enjoy the car and I hope the recovery is going well in your part of the world.

#32 ·
I thought they were turkeys! :dunno:

#37 ·
Now I think they look like Canada Geese:

#38 · (Edited)
Now I think they look like Canada Geese:

Totally agree Gary and posted as much a month ago when BJ first put up the sig. The damned things are everywhere in NJ and make a real mess of open lawns in parks and on golf courses and corporate landscapes.
In Poshville, NJ, where Beej lives now, everyone owns an Airedale to scare the birds away.
City people, what do they know, goats, geese, they're kinda alike, right?

#47 ·
So, couldn'n you americans come over here with all your fire power and make the canned breakfast from our geese before they take over all of our parks? thank you.
We cannot. It is near impossible to get a firearm into Canada. I do every year for a competition in Toronto (two silvers, one gold, thank you very much). It requires multiple forms submitted to the Chief Firearms Officer, RCMP, Ontario and permits faxed back. Then when you arrive at the assigned crossing, and ONLY that crossing, you have to explain everything to the border guard who has no idea what to do with all the paperwork.
Blast your own geese.

#48 ·
boltjaM3s said:
Geese at the local state park.

They were in the process of congregating to spell "BMW" but I took the photo a moment too soon.

BJ
There is a community on the S.F. peninsula - Foster City (just south of SFO), where the geese walk on the city streets (at will!). Residents yield to the geese, because hitting one at 35 mph will do serious damage to a car. If you honk at the geese while they are walking on the street, they walk even slower as their way to give you the middle-fingered wave.

#53 · (Edited)

another update, my F30 will be finishing production on november 20th! went from status 112 to 150 within 15 hours.

running off of generator power (there's a monster 1 MW tractor trailer and two smaller 400KW units parked in front my my apt) but back at home.

funny you mention sully, i was sitting in the departure lounge at heathrow watching them play the video over and over and over as i was waiting for my flight back to NY. thankfully i was flying into jfk and not lga (home of our canada geese). the plane was tied up to the seawall in battery park city a few blocks from where i live.

#54 ·
Very glad to hear that you have power. The F30 delivery schedule is a bonus.

BTW, I think the thread direction is quite normal for the E9X forum but weirdly 'g' oriented (sorry): goats, geese, guns, gays and now generators.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.