BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

help out there for bluetooth pairing?

844 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JedN 
#1 ·
hey there-

We have a 2008 335xi (we did ED), and when we took delivery here, the dealer paired up my husband's phone with the car. He has a Motorola Razr V3c, with Verizon. It's been working perfectly until about a week ago, when the bluetooth pairing suddenly quit working at all. He couldn't get it paired again, and has taken it to 2 dealers who both say that the phone wasn't (and/or isn't) an approved model and so they can't do anything.
(One of them also said the car was broken; the other says the car isn't broken, it's the phone compatibility and maybe its software.) The BMW current lists of approved phones that they brought out don't include older models of the cell phones. It's frustrating because it used to work, so it seems like it ought to still work if we could just figure out the issue.

I see from searching on the forums that people seem to have a lot of trouble getting their phones to keep working with the bluetooth. Is there a fix out there for him that we're missing, or should he just go and get a new phone? (argh) If he does have to get a new one, he'll take Mr. Spira's phone reviews with him!

we'd appreciate any help with this...

miolaran

See less See more
#3 ·
my husband says the display read something like "no pairing" or "no syncing".

One of the dealers couldn't get their phone to pair up at all, but looked up the software and said it's approved by BMW and should work, so it must be the car that's broken. The other dealer was able to pair their phone to it, but not ours; and said the software on the phone was not approved and so would never pair up (despite the fact that it had been paired earlier). Very confusing.

thanks for your thoughts--

miolaran

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.