BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Get missing dash pixels repaired by BMWNA (E39)

224K views 607 replies 258 participants last post by  2nd3series 
#1 ·
Guys,

Just wanted to give a followup on my success of getting BMWNA to pay for the pixel repair on my 2000 540i. For those of you contemplating getting them fixed and paying for it out of your pocket, contact BMWNA first. Basically BMWNA will pay for the parts, you will be responsible for the 1 hour of labor. Here is what you need to do:

First, send an email outlining your problem, something like:

I have a (Year & Model BMW) and a number of pixels in the instrument cluster either function sporadically or no longer function at all. Does BMWNA have a repair/replacement program in place for issues such as this?

(You don't have to type word for word, but you get the picture. ASK, don't demand!!)

Send the email to:

> Leonora Vlaovich
> Customer Relations Coordinator
> BMW of North America, LLC
> 201-573-7742 (phone)
> 201-930-8362 (fax)
> Leonora.Vlaovich@bmwna.com

She will in turn send you a response email asking for this information:

As coordinator for National Customer Relations, I will assign a representative to assist you; however, I need some additional information. Please respond to this email with the name and address on the registration, contact phone numbers, mileage to date, and the last 7 digits of the VIN.

Also, please identify your BMW dealer.

Thank you for your cooperation.

My assigned Rep from BMWNA was Brandi. She was very quick at contacting me and just had me make an appointment with a BMW dealer here in Dallas, I used Dallas BMW (Formerly John Roberts). She then contacted the service manager at the dealership and advised what BMWNA was handling. I dropped the car off in the morning and it was done by 3pm the same day. It cost me a whopping 90.00 bucks, and the DASH now looks great.

I hope this information can be useful to members on the board. Good luck!

Dave
fourwindsflight@yahoo.com
www.tail-wheel.com

See less See more
#2 ·
jetpilot10 said:
Guys,

Just wanted to give a followup on my success of getting BMWNA to pay for the pixel repair on my 2000 540i. For those of you contemplating getting them fixed and paying for it out of your pocket, contact BMWNA first. Basically BMWNA will pay for the parts, you will be responsible for the 1 hour of labor. Here is what you need to do:

First, send an email outlining your problem, something like:

I have a (Year & Model BMW) and a number of pixels in the instrument cluster either function sporadically or no longer function at all. Does BMWNA have a repair/replacement program in place for issues such as this?

(You don't have to type word for word, but you get the picture. ASK, don't demand!!)

Send the email to:

> Leonora Vlaovich
> Customer Relations Coordinator
> BMW of North America, LLC
> 201-573-7742 (phone)
> 201-930-8362 (fax)
> Leonora.Vlaovich@bmwna.com

She will in turn send you a response email asking for this information:

As coordinator for National Customer Relations, I will assign a representative to assist you; however, I need some additional information. Please respond to this email with the name and address on the registration, contact phone numbers, mileage to date, and the last 7 digits of the VIN.

Also, please identify your BMW dealer.

My assigned Rep from BMWNA was Brandi. She was very quick at contacting me and just had me make an appointment with a BMW dealer here in Dallas, I used Dallas BMW (Formerly John Roberts). She then contacted the service manager at the dealership and advised what BMWNA was handling. I dropped the car off in the morning and it was done by 3pm the same day. It cost me a whopping 90.00 bucks, and the DASH now looks great.

I hope this information can be useful to members on the board. Good luck!

Dave
fourwindsflight@yahoo.com
www.tail-wheel.com
I also had a successful repair done for one hour of labor.

#3 ·
I exchanged several emails with Leonora. Things were handled quickly and professionally.

I haven't yet made the appointment as my darn pixels are flickering in and out. I just know when I go to take it in that they will be working!! :(

#4 ·
Ågent99 said:
I exchanged several emails with Leonora. Things were handled quickly and professionally.

I haven't yet made the appointment as my darn pixels are flickering in and out. I just know when I go to take it in that they will be working!! :(
I don't think that matters, as long as you were approved for the work you can go in and replace them. It is well known that when they begin to malfunction they come in and out so that shouldn't cause a problem. You might have to wait as long as 6 months for them to go out permanently and when that amount of time passes you might have to call Leonora and complete the process again. Makes more sense to just do it now. I think you are causing yourself unnecessary headaches.

#5 ·
Yes, Sir, Mr. dagoo98...I'll make the appointment! :D

#10 ·
pixels

hey i went to send and email to that lady at bmw but that email address is said did not exist, the first time i did it it went through but i accidently spelled the last part of her name with a "r" instead of a v, vlaorich, vlaovich. was it suppose to be spelled like that?

#15 ·
I emailed her last Thursday the 18th about my cluster. Heard back from her on Friday asking for the additional info. I emailed her on Monday. Have not heard yet from my rep. I've looked at the dead-reborn-dead pixels for about 8 months now. I'll wait a few more days before I follow up.

#16 ·
Dear Mr. Hgfsdhgdfklj,

As coordinator for National Customer Relations, I will assign a representative to assist you; however, I require some additional information. Please respond to this email with the identity of your BMW dealer.

Leonora Vlaovich

Customer Relations Coordinator

BMW of North America, LLC

201-263-8222 (phone)

201-930-8362 (fax)

Leonora.Vlaovich@bmwna.com

This looks promising!!! 3pm thursday i received this!

#20 ·
chgolatin2 said:
I have emailed this person from bmw numerous time without any response :(
That's odd, i got a response within a week saying she needed more information. I haven't heard back since I replied with my local dealer information though.

#21 ·
I heard from my customer rep this morning. No muss no fuss, no crying or whining by me necessary. She asked how long I owned the car (2 years), whether it was my first BMW (yes), confirmed the name of my dealer and said she would call them today. I have to pay for the labor and they will cover the part, typical of everyone else's experience.

#22 ·
Charlutz said:
I heard from my customer rep this morning. No muss no fuss, no crying or whining by me necessary. She asked how long I owned the car (2 years), whether it was my first BMW (yes), confirmed the name of my dealer and said she would call them today. I have to pay for the labor and they will cover the part, typical of everyone else's experience.
what's the mileage on your car?

#25 ·
bimmerd00d said:
wow, that's low. 88k on mine! which seats do you have? I'm trying to figure out if mine's actually a sport pkg. I have comfort seats and radial alloys.
If your profile is correct, it is. All of the 6 speed cars are sport package. I have what I think are referred to as the 16 way heated seats. Comfort or premium, I dunno. They have the adjustable thigh support. The dead give away is the clutch :D , but you can also find on all sport pkg. cars ('98 and later), shadowline trim around the windows, no chrome strip on the bumper trim, 17" rims (or bigger in later years, possibly staggered), and 1" lower suspension. The later cars also got the three spoke steering wheel and some M trim/badging.

#26 ·
Cost recovery?

BMW Bellevue had no problem taking my $800 to fix this problem 5 months ago. Has anyone been successful getting a refund or credit? BTW - they told me the panel will likely go bad again. Not reassuring.

IMHO a good dealer should have gone to bat for owners on this one. The pixel problem is clearly a deign defect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.