BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

2010 x5 35D orders?

6K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  ard 
#1 ·
Hello all, I just put in my order last week on Oct 5th, I received an order number but when I call and look on the website it shows as On Order and hasn't moved status. For others who purchased and tracked how long did it take before the car started moving stages in tracking? Also my color shows up as incorrect on the tracking website, my dealer assures me that it is correct in the system. Anyone else have this issue? Would love to hear from anyone who ordered a 2010 35D version and had it delivered and how long it took.

#3 ·
Don't worry

I ordered my 2010 35d around August 25th and got my production order number that same day. It took a few days before anything showed up online and when it did, the options and packages would show up correctly some days and some days they would be completely gone. It was not until last week that my status changed to in production. The 1-800 number actually provides an estimated completion date when I call of 10/16. That information is not displayed on your computer.

If you search other threads you will see many other people also discussing how the online tracking displays incorrect information. The prevailing wisdom is that if your CA says it's been ordered correctly, then it probably has and you should not worry about what the bmwusa.com site shows.

Congrats on the order!

#5 ·
I guess no one's taken delivery yet on 2010. You need to wait for another couple of weeks.
You will be notified by your dealer before your car moves into next stage. You may not be able to make any changes after it passes into stage 2.
And yes, don't worry about the your car details on BMW website. It's never been consistent on showing correct attributes.

#6 ·
I had a 2009 335xi and I can say that I love the new iDrive. It's easy to use, it looks wonderful (graphics), and it's easy to use. It's also intuitive and easy to use. I can't wait to have it on my X5d. I have the older system in our 535 (which my wife will be driving ;)).

#7 ·
Just FYI-

Sometimes a dealer will have an car on order that is just a 'stocking order'.... if you order a vehicle, they can actually get to BMW and reconfigure it to match your spec. This way they don't have to put your order on the 'end' of their allocations, but use one of their current, in process allocations.

This was the case with a 2009 I had ordered- initially it looked like it was all wrong, but corrected at basically the next business day.

#8 ·
Just FYI my X5 went from scheduled with no date to scheduled with a date of 10/13 about a week or more ago then nothing. Today the web jumped all the way from 01. Scheduled for Production to 04. At Preparation Center.

#13 ·
I ordered my 2010 X5 3.0 on Sept. 2nd. It's been manufactured on 10/01 and delivered to the VPC on Oct. 7 and it's still sitting there.
My CA have no ETA for me.
Any idea what is going on..?
My CA believes BMW NA is just holding vehicles to clean up 2009 inventory before having a lot of 2010 around the dealerships. He says no EPA hold. My 35d was completed 10/9, and has been held at VPC since. CA says ETA at dealership is 10/19.

#20 ·
Heck no!!! They are now telling me that it is still being held in South Carolina pending approval by the California Green Police. My sales manager says that all diesels are being held while they wait for the state of California to stop by to approve them. This is absolutely ridiculous that California politics have to affect me. They have absolutely no idea when California will get this done.

#23 ·
BS. I'd ask BMW is this is the very first time they've had to get regulatory approval for a change they made to a car under the emissions laws. :)

This is a "BMW Project Management" screw up, not California Politics... IMHO.

A

(I've done this kind of thing for a liviing.... failing to plan for regulatory approvals, or more likely coming up with a last minute software coding change that triggers a regulatory submission, is not the regulators fault....)

#21 ·
I ordered a 2010 X5 diesel last week ( Oct. 15 ). At that time I was unaware that there would be some changes in the 2010 model. Does anyone have any idea what the changes will be? I called BMW North America and was told that they are slowly updating their website. It's not like you can order a 2009 at this point, or even find a new 2009 X5 35d ( or used , for that matter ) - I looked before ordering the 2010, so I don't understand why they're being coy. I also noticed several people making reference to tracking their ordered vehicles, and was wondering what website this can be done on.

#22 ·
Well, for one, you're now going to get the new updated iDrive. Options have changed a little. Roof rails are now an option for $90. The '09 sport pkg. is now split into two options; adaptive drive and sport activity pkg. for, I believe, an additional $2,000. No more gray interior, added saddle, I think. Can't think of other changes right now.

#26 ·
Forgot to mention, if you go to bmwusa.com, you sign up to become a member. To follow your order, you'll need your production #, which your salesperson should give you. Then, under "your vehicles," you can "track your BMW." Don't worry too much if it does not correctly list your options. If your order from your dealer is correct, then I wouldn't worry. The web site often doesn't list options correctly, including color combo. Good luck!

#29 ·
Mine was completed on 10/7 (2 weeks ago!!) and it's still sitting waiting to be trucked. CA said this morning that all 2010 X5s including 30i, 35d, 48i (not the X5M) are being held for some reason. He thinks it has something to do with the EPA, but he's not sure.

#31 ·
Thanks cablue and tpollard. I just checked the BMW website and am bummed out ( or should I say Bimmed Out! ) - the tax credit is now only $900 instead of the advertized $1800 when I placed the order last week. Anyone know what the exact cutoff date for the $1800 credit is? They must have reached the end of the first phase of production. I was also hoping that the front grille/bumper was going to change to more closely resemble the X5 M, but it looks pretty much like the '09 to me - which is not to say that's so bad.

#32 ·
I just checked the BMW website and am bummed out ( or should I say Bimmed Out! ) - the tax credit is now only $900 instead of the advertized $1800 when I placed the order last week. Anyone know what the exact cutoff date for the $1800 credit is? They must have reached the end of the first phase of production.
I think it is just a mistake in updating the website.

But we'll see, as the IRS seems to update their tax credit website rather regularly, and already have a few 2010 diesel models listed.

#33 ·
Not yet approved by California CARB (bold for emphasis):

Dear Mr. ard,

You can find 2010 MY Executive Order in http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2010/2010.php and save the copy from the link.
We post the Executive Order as soon as it is approved. Please check the link for update.

Thank you,

CARB Guy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.